Wednesday, March 25, 2009

ungrateful Wednesday?

I'm glad it's not Thursday because I'm not grateful for much today. The entire state is under a green cloud on the tv, and my eyes fluttered every time I heard the drip drip drip drip outside my window last night. There wasn't much sleep to be had. Plus my head hurts. What is it about rain, about changing pressure systems, that makes my right eyebrow feel like a ten pound sand bag? Why does no one else seem to get these headaches? My husband claims to have never had a headache in his life, but I get them any and every time a new weather system pushes through.

I also got a bit of a chastisement in an email this morning. It was directed at everyone, but especially at me because I'm in charge of this. Apparently one of our clients feels neglected, like we're not answering their emails in a timely fashion. I searched back through my emails and don't have any open questions for them, so I'm not completely sure what they're talking about, plus I emailed one of them three times last week for a bit of information I needed and still don't have the answer. But I'm not going to say it, no I'm not. I'm biting my tongue. It distracts from the headache too.

There's a local gourmet restaurant here we like-- they use locally grown ingredients and always have a fish and a veggie option on the menu which changes every two weeks. They're doing a wine tasting paired with a set menu tomorrow night, and husband wants to go, but three out of the five courses are meat based. I hate to be that person, that annoying uppity particular person who emails the chef and asks for a different menu. I'm not high maintenance, and high maintenance people generally annoy me, but I guess I've required myself to be in food situations since I've chosen not to eat meat. 

Can't you just see me, sitting in my stupid pleather desk chair, arms crossed, low eyebrows drawn together, pouting my big lips, my hair wet in the back and frizzy in the front. I look how I feel. I'm such a whiner sometimes. 

I just checked husband's email, and the chef says he'll substitute the meat for me. So nice, no complaining at all. So I guess I am grateful for that.

2 comments:

  1. I just love random tidbits like this. :)

    I hope your headache gets better, and that you have a great time tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listen to way too much TV, I guess, But your headache is actually a sinus headache. Seems there is a lot of people who get them with any change in the barometric pressure. I would say try sudafed. It works for me if I can stand the side effects...makes me feel like my hair is standing on end and I get kind of jumpy and super talkative.Kills my appetite,too, but that is a good thing. Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete