I'm having the first of probably a few Cape Cods (i.e. cranberry vodkas) tonight. It's been one hell of a day to match one hell of a week. If I keep up at this rate I'm going to have carpal tunnel by the time I'm 30.
People are such idiots sometimes, and I have two examples to share that I witnessed, one right after the other, on the way home.
First-- a college girl: think blond, hair pulled up in a messy "I just got out of bed and I'm too cool for a brush" bun on the top of her hair, her huge bug-eyed sunglasses practically vibrating with her loud music, dog in her lap with his head out the window. One of her hands on the steering wheel and the other holding a cell phone to her ear, although I don't know how she hears anyone over her stereo. Her car is too nice for her to have bought for herself at her age, but there she is, treating it and her life and her dog's life like nothing, like she's such a good driver not only does she not need to concentrate, but she can do it one handed while contending with drool and puppy claws. You know who I feel sorry for there? The dog. And us other drivers.
Second-- two more girls, also blonds surprisingly, in shorts and t-shirts on a scooter, i.e. no protective body gear whatsoever, one helmet between the two of them. I guess they're sharing a brain too, so only one helmet is really needed. The driver tosses her un-helmeted hair around at a stop-sign, begging for whistles. What's their excuse to their parents when they kill themselves? But Daddy, we were only going a mile and a half.
I catch myself glaring at people like this, wondering how they can take their lives into their own hands like that, so nonchalantly, so brazenly and yet ignorantly. It makes me angry, because they're endangering me too.
Wow I need to let my husband mix my drinks from now on when I'm in a mood like this. Off to sit in the sun on my deck for a while.
Sorry you had such a bad day that you let the idiots of the world stand on your last nerve..... I would have been tempted to rescue the poor innocent dog.
ReplyDeleteThey're everywhere. Your solution for coping sounds tasty though. I'll but you didn't give these women too much thought when you were done. And you probably free of UTI's too. ;)
ReplyDeleteIf you've heard of the Darwin Award, you may feel some sense of gratitude towards them.
ReplyDeleteSaw one the other day and I was having fits. The dog was in the back seat hanging out the window. When drive (young she) stopped at the light, the dog put his right leg out of the window and gave that body start like he was going to get out. This happened at two stops with us behind her & I was ready to bolt out of the car if the dog jumped out the window. Thankfully, he got back down into the back seat. Arrgggghhh! I know what you mean!
ReplyDelete