Thursday, March 26, 2009

Grateful Thursday

1) My husband is amazing. Not only is he handsome and sweet to me, yesterday he cleaned the WHOLE HOUSE. It was his day off, and on our days off we get to do whatever we want, with chores being done together on Sunday. But yesterday he mopped and vacuumed every floor, dusted every surface, cleaned the kitchen and the dishes, scrubbed the bathrooms, sorted through all the mail and clutter everywhere, and did all the laundry, dried and folded and put away. Simply amazing-- do you know how nice it was to come home to a completely spotless house? I almost didn't want to cook last night or get ready in the bath this morning for fear of messing it up!
2) Low interest rates. We've decided to refinance our house, and our sweet little mortgage lady said that we could either refinance and stay with a 30 year loan and save $260 a month, or (this sounds better to me) refinance to a 20 year loan and still save nearly $100 a month. That's with about $2000 in closing costs, but we've got that, and we'd make it back in savings in a year and a half and still cut 10 years off our loan. I'm so happy about that!
3) A good meal tonight, that I don't have to cook, with very good friends. And my new camera that I'm taking with me.
4) My health and my husband's health, and my parent's health too. My neighbor is lying in a hospice in Florida today, dying. He's in his 40s, his wife is so sweet, and they have 4 little blond-haired boys. He has cancer, colon I believe, but I never asked. It seemed intrusive. They've been gone for two weeks now, but the wife's mom told me yesterday she's going down to get the boys. He's not talking anymore and they don't want the boys to see the very end. So very, very sad.
5) Some actual work to do today. I've got some typing to do. I was bored yesterday. But I'm hoping when my boss said "that little black box of paper in my office needs retyping" he didn't mean the huge shoebox with 8-inches deep of paper. It will take me a year! I think he just means part. Got to figure out which part now.

3 comments:

  1. Great list! It's always to be thinking about these sorts of things, and I'm going to compile my mental list now.

    Your neighbor's story is heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And wow! I forgot to comment about your hubby's productive day. Does he give lessons? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all need to count our blessins more often and I love it that your husband topped the list. So sad about your neighbor, gosh, he is so young. Gives one pause.......

    ReplyDelete