I just passed a little black and tan shepherd mix on the side of a busy highway. It was too busy for me to stop-- I couldn't slow down fast enough, and to get back to it on the next exit would have taken too long. It was just sitting there, looking lonely. I keep thinking about him, can't get him out of my mind.
Husband's home. I wonder if he saw him. He goes that way too.
How wild! The flash fiction piece I've been working on this evening is about a stray dog. :)
ReplyDeletePoor guy. I'd be worried about him, too.
Awww I hope he didn't venture out onto the highway. I suspect you'll be keeping an eye out for him when you pass that way again.
ReplyDeleteHusband said he wasn't there any more, just ten minutes later when he passed. So either he wandered on home or at least away from the highway, or someone who saw him quicker than me was able to stop. I hope anyway.
ReplyDeleteAw, poor little guy. I hope someone picked him up.
ReplyDeleteI just saw your picture in your last post. You are gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Much prettier than your avatar!
Thank you for posting on my "I'm not nice" post. I took the post down. I'm tired of navel gazing... No more boring stuff. :-)
Poor dog. Hopefully he knew what he was doing! I stopped recently for a pet rabbit crossing the road! i could not get to it in time. It hopped away, but I sure worried about the sweet little thing.
ReplyDeletePS My youngest daughter is from China, in answer to your question.
ReplyDeleteMy husband always stops and picks them up, then brings them home. We kept one chocolate lab overnight before a frantic owner stopped to ask if we had seen him..... I admit I am always worried that they might have rabies, or even worse fleas. We love pets, though, so.....
ReplyDeleteI usually stop ...actually, always ...but they're usually too afraid to come to me. I'm sure the little guy is okay.
ReplyDeleteI usually feel sorry for stray dogs, but rarely do anything about them, despite feeling bad. Not sure that the council or police would be that interested. Most of them seem to have collars, so you have to wonder about the owners letting them roam free. I should try harder.
ReplyDelete