Thursday, March 19, 2009

I don't have much to say

I've been feeling quiet lately. Introspective. Nothing important to think about though, and nothing important to say. Here are my recent thoughts on life and everything in between:

1) I need a haircut. My bangs reach my nose now. I decide on haircuts very quickly and want them done right then and there. But of course Sarah Kate is out of town. And no one else touches my hair. She's the best because she's young, hip, focused, and quiet. I hate all that chatter. So Tuesday, I have to wait til Tuesday. I'm trying to grow it out-- I want boob-length hair (yes, that's the technical term)-- but it needs a trim, bad. 

2) On that same subject, is it bad to go to work with wet hair? I think blow drying is really killing my hair, especially now that it's so long. No one here would care I think, we're a blue-jean kind of office.

3) I'm sick of all this talk of death. Yes, that actress's death was tragic. But a lot of tragic things happen every day in this world. A beautiful person dies, a popular person, and the whole world acts like they knew her personally. I don't know why I'm taking all the attention put on her personally. No, I do. Because I don't like to think about death, about someone I love being taken away in the blink of an eye. It's depressing and I hate to be depressed without a real, personal reason. 

4) I had more to say but my 3:30 appointment is here and he's chatty. So I have to go.

5 comments:

  1. I agree about the world acting as if they know celebrities personally when a tragedy occurs. It's okay to feel sad and relate to someone, but the media tends to dwell on it a bit much, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops -- my post yesterday was about the "d" word... Sorry! :-)

    Yes, it's okay to go to work with wet hair.

    And yes, I hate chattery hairdressers and chattery taxi drivers. Just leave me alone and do your job, d*mn it! *heh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope all goes well for you and your hair.

    I too get a down when they go on about famous people dying as though they are the only tragedy in the world. Every day here, we hear about Jade Goody, it is sad she is dying so young and she has two young sons too, but it wasn't that long ago they were tearing her to pieces and calling her wicked names.

    How quickly the media can changes you from a devil into a saint if it's going to make them money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, I hate hairdresser conversations, all about holidays and fashion. Going to work with wet hair gives the impression that you're just out the gym, so that's good.

    And, yes, I find this fetishisation of celebrities death depressing.I think it started with Princess Diana's death. It seemed to encourage people to 'grieve' about someone they'd never met. I find it difficult enought to deal with the death of people close to me without adding to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about the deaths of celebrities being over done. How hard it must be on their families to be swamped with the media acting like they care when they actually crush people as much as remember them when they have died.

    ReplyDelete