Thursday, March 19, 2009

Grateful Thursday

1) Grandmothers. Today is my paternal grandmother's 82nd birthday. I just spoke with her on the phone-- she was baking a strawberry cake from my Granny's recipe (her mother) and otherwise taking it easy, getting ready for some company tomorrow. She's a sweet lady. While there are certain parts of my life I can't share with her (i.e. religion) I keep it to myself out of respect for her. She's never been anything but kind and loving to me and my family.
2) The sun! I know I've said this before, but feeling the warm Spring sun on my face these last few days has really done a lot for my spirit. And my otherwise white-blue skin.
3) My new blog friends. In addition to those that have been with me from my start here, I've had several new people join me in my blog world lately, and I'm grateful that I'm going to be able to get to know all of you. 
4) Lost. The best show on tv, has given me hours and hours of entertainment.
5) There's very little for which I'm not grateful lately. Life seems to be rolling along very smoothly. Is this because nothing bad has happened? Or because my reactions to "bad" things have been so altered in the last year or so? I'm grateful for all the lessons I've learned in my life that have brought me to this content, fulfilled place.

2 comments:

  1. A lovely list of gratitude. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could grab your attitude today and hold it for just awhile..... maybe I will start my day being thankful tomorrow--thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete