Tuesday, June 23, 2009

lately

I don't have much to say lately. I feel restful, sleepy, with nothing but white noise playing in my head.

Work has taken up most of my brain power, not that I'm complaining. I've gotten a lot accomplished and feel it will pay off soon. I'm a bit nervous that we're pushing to release our new software too soon-- there are still so many bugs. We need the money to fix the bugs though, so it's a catch 22. I've never worked in software before. Part of the problem is that you have to have beta testers, and we have plenty of internal testers, but you have to put it out in the real world and let real world users use it to really beta test it. And a lot of the issues they report are user error, not software error, but it piles up so much that you forget, statistically, what percentage is actually a problem that needs to be fixed on your end. It makes me glad I don't work in the technical department, although since I'm the sort-of customer service gate person, I see a lot of complaining. 

I am keeping my neurologist appointment tomorrow. I had a small headache on Saturday, but nothing like I have had. I figure as soon as I cancel it I'll start getting them again-- that's just the way these sorts of things work. But I'll establish a relationship with him so that when they start up again, which they always do, I'll have a place I can go. I will be taking a half day, since the office is an hour from here, and I hate to leave the office right now. 

So I work all day, go home and cook dinner, grout a little bit more on my fireplace project (it's very cleansing work, despite how dirty I get), watch some tv with my husband, and go to bed. I'm enjoying my routine. There's peace in it.

Back to work. 

4 comments:

  1. Having peace along with some routine can be a good thing. :) How's the fireplace coming? Sounds like it must be a big job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is good sometimes when it's simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are keeping that appointment! I find simple chores to be soothing. I can accomplish a task while becoming calm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, there is a benefit to routine. Hope all goes well tomorrow (except that it's tomorrow today - s hope went well)

    ReplyDelete