I didn't go to my neurologist appointment. Before I get chastised, let me explain: I have a good friend who works in medicine. I should have asked her a long time ago, but with as busy as I've been at work, it never occurred to me until yesterday to ask her opinion on the doctor I was going to see.
"Shady," she said. "Shady is the only word I can think of to describe that hospital."
Luckily she had a recommendation, and after checking them out I realized how much better off I'll be at that clinic than the original. The doc there even specializes in menstrual migraines. So I cancelled and rescheduled with the new doctor. Even though I haven't had a migraine with an aura in two months or any other headache in two weeks, I decided I still need to find a doctor. They always come back.
So why am I laughing, you ask?
I'm laughing at the absurdity of life, the complete ironical occurrences that pop up now and then. I'm laughing because while sitting here in my den with just my dogs, resting, watching a Golden Girls rerun on Lifetime, a blind spot appeared where Bea Arthur's head should be, followed quickly by flashing yellow and blue lights.
I hope laughter is the best medicine. That, an imitrex, and a big ol' Dr. Pepper should fix me tonight. And now I've got something to tell my doctor when I go see him soon.
Does anyone believe in jinxes? In ninth grade, while changing in our locker room before a big basketball game, I bragged to a friend that I'd never broken a bone. An hour later I was in the emergency room with a twist-broken pinky, waiting for surgery to insert pins to start. Last week I said that as soon as I cancelled my appointment I'd have a migraine, and here we are. I need to keep my mouth shut. Locked up and the key thrown away.
Never invoke the gods.
ReplyDeleteUgh.. you're probably still better off with the recommended doc. I hope your migraine fades quicker than it takes to say "Imitrex."
ReplyDeleteSitting in a doctor's waiting room is the best cure for almost every symptom known to man. Many's the time I've walked to the doctors feeling ill and after a half hour wait for my appointment I find myself thinking Why am I here exactly? I feel fine. only to feel bad again the moment I leave the surgery.
ReplyDeleteNo, I won't chastise you, but I am glad that you found out the reputation of this doctor before you went. Being a nurse working in an ER I was able to scrutinize the doctors before I chose one to treat my ails. Always good to be able to ask someone who knows before you go. Feel better.
ReplyDelete