
1) The little down time that I've gotten this week-- I've really appreciated it more than I usually do. An hour doing a jigsaw puzzle with my husband? Heaven.
2) The power of a good movie. I just saw Gran Torino. I hope I have the strength to recognize when someone needs my help and that I have the ability to lend an ear and a hand without expecting anything in return.
3) I'm glad tomorrow is the last day of this hell week, and that I can count down the days to some real relief in a trip to the beach for nearly a week in mid-August.
4) Two friends told me they were pregnant this week, one due Jan 1st and one Jan 5th! What are the chances of that? One is young and just starting out, the other older and having probably the last of theirs. Despite my quandary over whether to have kids of my own, I'm always happy to see other people have their wishes for children fulfilled.
5) My boss told me I'm due for a raise very soon. That will be nice-- I plan on putting more in savings every month, equally between retirement and our Italy trip fund. Because what's life without living?
I've got a couple posts brewing in my head, things that have occurred in the last week or so that need to be more deeply explored. I wonder when I'll ever get to them. At work I have no time, and when I get home I'm sick of looking at this laptop and my husband gives me the evil eye when I reach for it. I just need to learn to condense my thoughts a bit... ha.
No comments:
Post a Comment