Thursday, June 18, 2009

Grateful Thursday, if a bit begrudgingly

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I've been angry since yesterday that none of my coworkers feel it's right or necessary to update me on the happenings at the convention even though I've worked my ass off for this all year. The two times I've been called, it's been more like an attack-- how I missed putting an appointment on my boss's calendar (turns out he made the appointment and didn't add it) and also why I hadn't answered someone's email (because it wasn't to me, went to someone else's inbox, and I never saw it). I know they're just super busy and stressed out, but come on.

I'm trying to think of this week as my mini-vacation from them. It's really hard for me to spend so much time with the same people. My husband is the only person in the world I can live with, and even that is hard some days (I'm sure he would agree!). I've enjoyed the quiet here for the most part. I've gotten a lot of work done. I'm even starting to make up new things to do today, good ideas I've had that I thought I'd never get around to doing.

1) So I'm grateful for the quiet that leads to productivity. And I am grateful for this job, as difficult as it is sometimes, because in most cases he is a very good boss, much better than some of the hateful, passive-aggressive people I've worked for in the past. 
2) My fellow bloggers, especially the few who make an impact on my life nearly every day (you know who you are) by making me smile, think, cry, or laugh. You remind me there's so much more to life than the little bubble in which I am encased most of the time.
3) The ability to make a difference, even if very small. I donated a chunk of money to our local humane society today, in honor of my Bub. They're building a new shelter, and oh how they need it. They currently work out of an old mobile home and a shack of a cat building, surrounded by little chicken-wired areas for dogs. The new place is going to be amazing. So I'm happy I have the financial stability to be able to donate to this cause. Even if it's just a drop in the bucket to the overall cost of the building.
4) I haven't had a headache in two weeks. Isn't that always the way-- I make a doctor's appointment and the problem goes away. But hey, at least I'm not in pain.
5) My husband. I've said it before and I'll say it again. He's the love of my life and I'm grateful for every day that I get to spend with him.

5 comments:

  1. I love Thursdays and always look forward to this particular post. It reminds me to be grateful/thankful myself.
    Enjoy your day. I think it is fantastic that you donated to the shelter. It feels good to give back.
    Be well--Harmony

    ReplyDelete
  2. #5 itself is worth the world, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to start a thankful day..its good to list all the good things sometimes..takes away the power from the bad ones..You have wonderful things to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so positive, even if you don't recognize it. How wonderful to be grateful during a down time, especially for the very thing that is making you down. Very enlightened!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just because you haven't had a headache..... I will be grateful if you still keep that appointment!

    ReplyDelete