Where has this year gone? Just last week I was sitting at the downtown concert hall listening to a band play and keeping an eye on my watch, waiting for midnight, just a couple days ago it was frigid and blustery outside, and I swear day before yesterday I was celebrating my birthday. It feels that way, it feels as if maybe a month has passed since I started this blog, but certainly not six. How does that happen? Where does the time go?
With the way time melts and folds in on itself, it's no wonder I have a hard time remembering specifics on anything. I can't remember when my headaches started. I remember my first real migraine, my first aura-- how do you forget something like that? Sitting on the couch with my husband at the condo we rented before we bought our house, watching tv, and all the sudden I couldn't see it. I turned and looked at him and couldn't see his face. I thought I was dying. I called my mom and she knew exactly what it was. But these other headaches, the ones with no aura that last for days, quietly pounding in my skull, I don't know when they started. They snuck up on me. I will mark the date of their death though, and celebrate it.
My husband is having a terrible month at work. They're just not selling. I thought the economy was supposedly picking up, but they're worse off now than they were back in February, which is notoriously slow no matter the economy. We're ok though. I keep getting raises, we've got savings, and we're cutting back. I just wish that he could find a better job, one that he enjoys, one that he wants to get up and do every day. That's my biggest wish right now.
I have exactly the same problem, especially with psychosomatic symptoms. Eventually you get to the stage where you can't remember life ever being free of them and it can be a downward spiral of depression. But things do get better and symptoms do get cured or go away and the human body is an incredibly resilient thing.
ReplyDeleteOn the plus side, you have a fantastic blog to show for all these experiences. I don't know if that's any consolation now but if not, hopefully one day it will be.
I am hoping those headaches go just as they came -
ReplyDeleteWe are all feeling the poor economy. Husband is interviewing today - in Texas. Far away from Lake Tahoe...
I know the feeling - I can't believe I've been living in my current town for 14 months. That's insane. Didn't I just leave Troy? That's how it feels.
ReplyDeleteI hope you can get rid of those headaches. :)
How long have I been trapped behind this counter???? Forever, is what it feels like. Go back through your blog, maybe you can pick out a pattern of frequency on the headaches. Remember to write it all down and take it with you. Nag,nag,nag..... Can't help it, I am a mom.
ReplyDeleteUhgg. I get those headaches but sooo seldoml (knocking on wood) hope you can get rid of them. I will wish that for your husband too!
ReplyDeleteHope things pick up with your husband's job. Mine is worried about his, but until anything happens, we just keep going.
ReplyDeleteI think we'll all dance on the grave of your headaches.