I am worried about my closest co-worker, the only other full-time female in the office. She's not handling the stress as well and says she wants to quit and move away. She's not from here and hasn't been here long, so she doesn't have many friends. She drives to her parent's home almost every weekend though, so I don't know how she expects that to change. I think I finally convinced her to stick it out, telling her that she's going to start going out with me and my friends on the weekend. But how do you help someone else manage stress when you see it affecting them? I'm pretty good at managing my own, but I don't know how to help another there. I brought cookies to work today and am planning on having a quiet lunch with her out of the office. Those were my only solutions.
Everyone have a great week!
See you on Thursday ...
ReplyDeleteSometimes one friend, in a new place, helps us make it through! You are so sweet! Have a good break.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good plan for your co-worker. Too much work without proper relaxation is never a good idea. Take care.
ReplyDelete