Other people create my problems. Or, scratch that, I should say, other people make their problems my problems. Is it my fault that the IT manager "counted on" having his paycheck this weekend when he knows for a fact I don't give out checks til 4 on Friday? We give out checks at 4 to keep people from leaving work to deposit them, which is exactly what he wanted to do. So after I told him no, he emailed the boss, who then called me to ask about it. Meanwhile the IT guy is walking out the door, looking all downtrodden and angry, saying he's "going to work from home for a while." Well how nice for him. Me, I'll be here, working, at the office, instead of at home on my couch with my dog. No vacations had since December, while he's recently had two weeks off. So the boss is not happy now, I'm not happy now, and he's certainly not happy, and will be even less happy after the boss gets done with him for making the two of us unhappy.
I, in turn, yelled at my husband when he called, thus making my problem his problem. Oh, it was just bad timing-- the IT guy had just stormed out, my boss had just hung up, and I got a sales call that I had to take, all at the moment my cell rang. And rang again. So I put the sales call on hold, picked up my husband's second call with a prompt and bitchy "Yes?" to which he sullenly replied, "I was just calling to see if you wanted lunch." I hurriedly apologized and hung up, but he won't pick up the phone now that I've calmed down and am trying to call him back. I suppose I'll be making brownies or something tonight as a olive branch.
And now one of the trainers has just asked me why he can't have his check until 4. What is this, mutiny day? At least he was just curious about it. Probably because he heard the bitching earlier.
I'm so glad it's Friday. I wish I had a five day weekend to recover from this five day hell week.
You gotta just love office drama. Why is it that people can't just do their jobs and follow the rules? OH wait, that would be WAY too easy, and make things go WAY too smoothly.
ReplyDeleteI feel for you. I hope your weekend is much better!
TGIF!!
ReplyDeleteChildren will be children. Someone has to be the adult.........must be you, huh?
ReplyDelete