1) We hired a receptionist, finally! No more answering the phones for me! She seems really nice, if a bit chatty, and intelligent too. We also found a new office space to rent, so despite the fact we have to pick up and move soon, I'm grateful for the extra space and the bigger office I will have.2) The rain. It rained, hard, for several hours this morning. My plants needed it and it cooled it down outside so that it will only reach the high 80s today.
3) Good friends. Tonight we're going to a social event for the Chamber of Commerce. We were invited by a friend who knows my husband is looking for a new job and this will be a good chance to mingle and pass out cards.
4) We went to see the new Harry Potter last night. I got a good cry out of it, and it was a great movie.
5) A free moment to write this list! We've been so busy at work lately. In fact, I need to get back to it right now. My parents are in town this weekend so we're planning a nice, relaxing, quiet weekend with them to help alleviate some of the stress I've been under. My mom's birthday is Tuesday so I'm taking her shopping on Saturday.
Good for you! Glad the headaches are becoming less, too. I found out about my allergies in my 40's. The allergist I saw said that you can develope allergies later in life.... or become more sensitive to them as you age. Who knows? All I know is that I felt a lot better when I completed a 5 year round of allergy shots. My somewhat isolated location prevents me from administering my own shots and I can't afford the time necessary to go to the allergist here three times a week, get my shots, then wait the 30 minutes to see if I have a reaction. That would take almost 3 hours every time I made the trip!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the quiet weekend. I've been very busy this week, hence lack of comments and posts, so I'll be settling down to do not very much too.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to your mum.
Glad you finally got a receptionist. She should alleviate some of the stress with work. Have a nice day shopping with your Mom on Saturday. My girls always like a day of shopping with me - but then that's when they usually get things they can't buy themselves. Mom's can't resist dressing up their little girls no matter what age they are, I guess. :-)
ReplyDelete