The big things are hard and take too much of my attention and worry.
I woke up with a headache again this morning. It's so disheartening to open your eyes to a new day only to be knocked over the head with a mallet. But I took an imitrex, laid back down for an hour, and I'm fine. The other neurologist I was going to see doesn't take my insurance, so that was a bust. But after a conversation with my dad and with my regular doctor, I've decided I need to rule out the most basic, like a sinus infection (maybe viral or fungi as the antibiotics I took a month ago didn't help), so I'm going to a local ENT Thursday. He's cheap as he accepts my insurance, and I only have to miss an hour or so of work. Little things.
My fireplace is finally done. I need to take a picture and upload it. It's beautiful, and I catch myself staring at it. My grandfather would be proud of the DIYer I've become. Little fixes like that can really make a place sparkle. Next on the list? I don't know, maybe new steps for the deck. It's so hot, that may be a fall project. Fall will be here before we know it.
We changed emails servers at work over the weekend, and let me tell you, that's been a bitch and a half. I think most of the kinks have been worked out-- now all I have to do is learn the new system. It's funny how something so small can have such a large impact on life going as normal. The SBA finally came through with our loan, which is so nice. It's a little one, but enough to get us over this little hump we've encountered.
I feel like a kid, sitting here slurping up strings of mozzarella, sipping a Dr. Pepper, counting down the minutes to the end of work, like watching the second hand on one of those large, simple, commercial black and white clocks all classrooms have, thinking perhaps I just saw it tick backwards. Looking forward to another little thing: dinner with my husband on our deck-- marinated grilled tilapia, fresh and simple asparagus, and baked brown rice.
Dinner sounds yummy! Enjoy it. I wish I had some words of wisdom for your head aches.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was a kid, I would get a head ache, each day, around the same time. Eventually, my parents took me to the Dr. He strapped me in for a CAT Scan. He injected me with iodine and within 3 minutes, we knew that I was allergic to iodine. They couldn't test me further for the head aches, that day. For whatever reason, they disappeared. I never did find out what caused them or why they went away. I was just happy:)
I hope everything works out. Have you tried acupuncture? I believe in Eastern medicine, too.
My daughter suffers near constant headaches too. they started when she was pregnant. so far no one knows what causes them or how to make them stop. If she has any luck I'll pass it on.
ReplyDeleteDr. Pepper and fresh asparagus - two lovely simple pleasures. Your blog is another, though that doesn't do it justice. I hope you get some joy soon with your headaches.
ReplyDeleteMaybe you will find the cause of those headaches to be environmental. I know I have joked about this house trying to kill me, but I am constantly fighting off ailments that all seem to be related to my allergies. I am day 7 of antibiotics and I still can't hear out of the affected ear. I am still dizzy and disoriented. I was sick all winter, too. I think there is something In this structure that I spend so much of my time in. I think I am going to start keeping a journal of how I feel daily and whether my time is spent mostly in or out. Can't hurt.....might help.
ReplyDeleteDinner sounds wonderful and I hope you enjoy it.
I used to be afraid of acupuncture, too. I went though and found it to be calming, cleansing and peaceful.
ReplyDeleteMassage is always excellent, too. I find myself gravitating towards eastern, over western, in medicine and only seek out a doctor if it is my last possible option. My sister is a nurse and so she thinks I am nuts.
Just something to think about...I know that it isn't convenient, necessarily, but just consider it.
Best--Harmony
Simple things. scarlethue, where were you earlier in the day, when I was feeling so grouchy? I needed your fresh perspective. Thanks. :)
ReplyDeleteI followed your link from my mom's blog (ellen abbott). I started on a very low dose of an antidepressant a few weeks and I am seeing some results for my headaches. My head has only hurt two days out of the last seven instead of all day everyday. A most welcome inprovement. Best of all it is a very old drug so it is super cheap! Best of luck.
ReplyDeleteProject are so rewarding when we're happy with the outcome. I hope you find answers from your appointments.
ReplyDeleteSarah-- two out of seven is awesome!! What kind of doctor did you see for them?
ReplyDeleteShe is a general/family doctor. I have tried several things over the past ten years. I can't take the migraine specific meds. They do weird things to my lungs. I have a pain killer called darvacet for when the pain is to bad to function and a muscle relaxer called flexiril that i can combine with the pain killer if need be. I have never been to a neurologist, i don't have insurance, but my doc assures me i do not have a brain tumor! i try to be proactive and take something as soon as i feel a twinge otherwise there are times i have to leave work and retreat to bed. those nights are why i keep a supply of frozen pizzas in the freezer for the kids.
ReplyDelete