Tuesday, July 14, 2009

backyard visitors

I had to literally wrangle Bub like a calf to get him to not run down and eat this little family up. They were surprisingly very uncaring about me snapping their photo, although I didn't get very close. This is with a 10x zoom. I guess they were digging around for grubs and bugs.
And I had a feathered visitor about that same time too. Windy this afternoon.

6 comments:

  1. I love the wrens. A pair nested in my kitchen window sill last year. I got to watch the babies grow and then finally get up the courage to leave the nest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your little friend tucked her head in from the wind..........

    I can hear now, not 100%,but getting better every day. I have 5 more days of steroids and upset stomach, but it will be worth it to relieve the pressure in my ears. More headaches?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow.. armadillos? How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG. Armadillos! Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do believe you're an animal lover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What absolutely wonderful pictures. I love the little bird with his head tucked under his wings.

    And the Armadillo family... Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing those with us.

    ReplyDelete