I'm having a hard time picking things today. Not because I have nothing to be grateful for but because I have too much.1) Sushi. It just makes me happy, especially this new roll I've found that's deep fried and covered in spicy mayonnaise. No, not very Japanese of them, or healthy for that matter, but sooooo tasty.
2) My raise! Got my first new paycheck today. It makes me want to run out and buy a new wardrobe or something big, but I'm restraining myself. I'm going to up the automatic savings plan we have instead. (And maybe take us out for a nice dinner and one pair of shoes for me, because what's life if you don't live it?)
3) The new HR software I've got that's making my work life so much easier. It's automated a lot of the little tasks I've been doing that were so time-consuming. Now there were at least a couple times this week where I felt like I'd run out of things to do, which never used to happen. I even got to organize my desk!
4) Cooler weather. This weekend the high is in the 50s. We never have much of a fall-- we usually get two good weeks of great 70 degree days, but this year those were all rained out, and now suddenly it's getting to be winter. In the way that our humidity makes our summers feel so sticky and thick, it makes our winters bitterly ice-cold as well, where they feel a lot worse than the temperature reading implies. But I'm looking forward to sweaters and fires and snuggling under a quilt.
5) Life. I don't really know how else to put it. There are some good days and bad days, but overall I'm thankful to just be here, experiencing everything that I'm blessed to experience.
You are so good at counting your blessings, sometimes you shame me! Instead of being thankful for my woodstove and the heat it provides I was up at midnight throwing things at the husband who built the ginormous fire before we went to bed........it was at least 90 in our house!
ReplyDeleteThat is what I thought about the mayo, but there is a Japanese mayonnaise like spread (JUST LIKE MAYO) called Cupie. It is available in Asian grocery stores. Yes, I love your #1 too :).
ReplyDeleteActually, a raise, good software, and cooler weather all make me happy and grateful (now I need a job!) :).
Thanks for the sweet note. We all have our moments where we need a little girlfriend advice! I know from my own experience of needing it!
xxMT
Love your list - especially the raise! Good for you. What software are you using (says the former HR systems person...)...
ReplyDeleteThe sushi roll sounds awesome!
ReplyDeleteAnd as always, your list makes me think of my own things to be thankful for. Thanks for the uplifting read!
There always seems to be a sense of perspective and calm about you - even when you're a little hurried and hassled and worried.
ReplyDeleteJust thought I'd mention it.
I like the idea of a day where you remember to be grateful. Not sure where I stand on deep-fried sushi though.....
i second this post! :) it's good to be thankful
ReplyDelete