1) Pepto Bismol. Enough said.2) Cardigans. I think I own too many cardigans, one in every color... except blue. Now that I think about it, I don't have a blue one. I will have to remedy that. I'm a t-shirt girl, love a good "favorite" tee from the Gap or similar, and cardigans instantly dress them up in the fall, no fuss, no muss, and they're so much cozier than blazers. And more colorful. Today I have on a slate grey t-shirt and an slouchy plum cardigan. Tuesday was a black tee and a red boyfriend card. Simplicity.
3) Hand sanitizer. It's my I'm-not-getting-a-flu-shot substitute. I hate shots. A nurse told my husband not to get the H1N1 shot, but he got his regular flu shot as usual. I, as usual, will not. Instead I bathe myself in hand sanitizer all flu season praying that I won't get sick. I haven't yet, (clean) fingers crossed.
That's about it today. Mostly I'm sleepy and my tummy is rumbly, as Winnie the Pooh would say, so that's all I seem to be focused on. I wonder if it was the pile of spaghetti or the bread pudding that did me in? More likely it was the aloo palak and naan at lunch. Indian food, so good going in.... There's been absolutely nothing going on at work since the boss is out of town, so I've been making up stuff to do, like cleaning my desk and making phone extension labels. Calm before the storm, that's all it is.
Out of curiosity, why did the nurse tell your husband not to get the H1N1 shot? I'm digging for information wherever I can find it. I find myself waffling several times a day on whether I will get the shot and whether I will let my daughter get it. There's just no way to know what the right decision looks like.
ReplyDeleteI never miss the flu jab. It's kept me free of that rotten achy sweaty disease for 20 years or so. Had the ordinary jab on Thursday last week when I went for my monthly blood test (warfarin intake has to be continually checked). The Tamiflu jabs will start soon, so I'm advised so that will be another jab.
ReplyDeleteI hold some share in a pharma company that makes the stuff so I encourage everybody to have a shot. ;-)
BTW did you employ the scruffy guy who turned up for an interview some weeks ago?
Husband says the nurse said some people have had bad reactions to it. She didn't elaborate more than that, but she was the one giving him the actual flu shot, so she probably has seen it. I have bad reactions to all shots, both psychologically and physically. My arm swelled up and I fainted one time. Not good.
ReplyDeletePhilip, no we didn't. We found a nice, well-spoken South African woman who is fitting in perfectly.
I am into sweaters, too. I like the light ones that can be layered over a tee, and under a coat.
ReplyDelete