1) Although apparently I have scared everyone away, I'm glad for the new direction I'm taking with my blog. I'm sure topical conversations will arise from my chronicling of every day life, but I'm tired of trying to force them, so I'm changing tones. And looks too, in case you haven't noticed the lack of black.2) Halloween. It's my favorite holiday. When else do you get to dress up and act like a child and eat candy, and no one thinks poorly of you for it? We're going out with a couple couples-- one dressed as Fred and Wilma Flintstone, the other as Mario and Luigi (the female in that couple has an odd obsession with wearing a mustache). We'll be a Hippie (me) and a Mime (husband), better known as Peace and Quiet. Thanks to whomever posted that in my earlier costumes post-- I'm grateful for you too!
3) My Friday night plans. We've got tickets, third row, to see Lewis Black perform at the Orpheum in Memphis. He's one of my favorite comedians, and I can't wait to laugh my ass off.
4) The relationship I've formed with our VP of Sales. No one else likes her-- they all insist that she's rude or demanding, but really she just knows what she wants and asks for it. She knows, now, that she can call me and talk about issues she's having with other employees, the same way all the employees come to me, so I'm better able to mediate problems between everyone now. I'm grateful that she trusts me enough to be honest with me.
5) Diet root beer, which tastes a lot like regular root beer, especially when it's really cold. My boss says that I'm poisoning myself, but he's one to talk with his solo-slim pills and protein supplements. Plus, we all have to die of something, right? If I die because I had too many sodas, then so be it. At least I was happy while I was here.
I was supposed to go to the grocery store yesterday after work, but my email refused to work properly until 4:30 yesterday afternoon. I had our System Admin trying to fix it all day, meaning I got no work done until then, so I had to stay til nearly 6 catching up. I could have stayed longer. But we had the makings for dinner at home, cleaning out the pantry, with cream corn, crowder peas, and biscuits. A nice, warm vegetable plate.
I slept with ear plugs in last night, and I don't remember ever waking up, not once. It was so refreshing. Husband bought me pink woman-sized plugs as well which is nice because the regular ones make my ear canals sore. Who knew such a thing was possible.
I love the costumes! :) I'm going to be the bloody Carrie...hehe can't wait to dump blood on myself (or my friend to dump blood on me) I have a feeling the idea of it is going to be much more fun than actually walking around all night in it! Have a great Halloween and enjoy your show!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad your comments are fixed.
ReplyDeleteI'm enjoying your blog; the look, the content...Your writing style is highly enjoyable and you should write what is comfortable for you.
Halloween sounds fun and I'm happy that the costume idea works for you.
I had to start sleeping with earplugs after I had my daughter because I suddenly awoke for every little noise. It's funny because I now fall asleep to the sound of my breathing and my own heartbeat. It's what I imagine she heard for months.