Friday, October 9, 2009

Grateful... Friday, right?

What a week. Good, but long.

I realized on Wednesday on the drive home from work that my life is perfect. Some song came on the radio, and I was bopping my head and singing, thinking about work that day and about going home to my husband, cooking my bean and veggie burritos, and snuggling on the couch to watch Top Chef.

The thought occurred to me that there's nothing I would change. Not one thing. I couldn't think of anything particularly bad in my life. Yeah, work gets stressful, but it's the best job I've ever had and my hard work is appreciated. There are a couple annoying people in my life, but they all serve their purpose, making me a more tolerant, open-minded person. Changes keep happening-- friends move away or have kids, and suddenly our core group has melted and molded into a new group. But inside I'm happy, my husband is happy, and everything feels very stable and secure and content.

There's a tiny voice in the back of my head telling me to not trust it, that it's all an illusion, the calm before the storm. But I shush it. Even if it's right, I might as well enjoy this while I have it.

Today is going to be a good day. Already I'm grateful for:
1) My short doctor's visit. I had a follow up with neurologist who gave me a new prescription, and it only took me twenty minutes! That never happens.
2) The new prescription. It's a smaller dose of the Imitrex I had been taking but has another medicine mixed in, and I get almost no side effects from it plus it doesn't take as long to work.
3) Kindness. I stopped at a gas station to get a drink. The check-out lady told me it would be $1.17. For once in my life I didn't have .17 in my coin purse, so as I was exclaiming about that oddity, the large man with his hands full of honey buns in line behind me pulled out 17 cents and told me he didn't want me to have to walk around with 80 cents in my wallet all day. What a nice thing to do.

I'm going to have to find a way to pass that kindness on today. And every day.

8 comments:

  1. you have by posting here and reminding everyone how blessed we all are, sure there will be bad days, but appreciation matters. cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great attitude, scarlethue, especially about passing along the kindness. We all need to try that, often, and make this a better life for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree. I need to pay kindness forward to. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely think to read. Even if perfect moments don't always last, isn't it lovely to realise that one has arrived? Great posting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is the simple things that give us the most pleasure. Paying it forward will never backfire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, hope you maintain this feel-good factor.

    Whatever you do don't start worrying that it's all too good to be true!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to have a feel good mood going on here. Need to take a leaf from out of your book I think.

    ReplyDelete