I've been lost since 6 a.m. My phone beeped loudly at me, protesting its dying battery, and woke me from a deep sleep. I never did get back there, drifted in and out of consciousness for a couple hours, and woke up to a raging headache.
I debated an imitrex while showering and getting ready, and by the time I pulled into the office I had taken one. By ten my headache was gone, but that pill always leaves me feeling so heavy, like I have weights around my wrists, and my thoughts play bumper-cars in my head. But it could be worse.
At eleven, while debating a menu design with a coworker, I looked up and couldn't see her face anymore. The lights are, right now, on the very outer rim of my vision, meaning I've got about 15 more minutes until the pain sets in. The nausea already has, roiling and curdling my stomach. It's been so much worse with my last few migraines.
And my Dr. Pepper has given me a painful case of hiccups.
I just want to go home. I was overcome with the need to go home like I haven't felt since I was a child at school, the way it pulled me, like if I was just at home on my couch in my pjs all my problems would disappear, or at least not be so bad. Tears welled up in my eyes, my blind eyes, and I reached out to my husband on our chat window that's always open. He made me laugh, as usual, making jokes about David Blaine causing illusions inside my head, which made me feel a little better.
I'm worried that the pain will start even though I've already had a pill today. I don't think I can take another one. Even if I technically, medically, could, I don't know that I would want to. I don't know that I could handle it. Plus I don't have one anyway-- the packet is at home. So I'm praying now nothing will happen. The lights are gone now and my vision is returning, and I'm hoping against hope the crushing ache won't be so bad with the pain killer already perusing my bloodstream. Please.
What a day, and it's only 11:30. At least it's Friday.
Oh what an awful day! And here I am writing about hummingbirds... I got to stay at home today because my husband needed the car & the Jeep is in the shop - I'm counting my blessings that's for sure!
ReplyDeleteHere's hoping that the beast is at bay, you make it home safely & that you have a WONDERFUL pain free weekend!
Ugh.. I feel for you. Migraines can be so debilitating. I hope you're feeling better by now. Better the heavy arms than the headache. Sending healing thoughts your way.
ReplyDeleteI understand, and I'm praying for you.
ReplyDeletebummer, I have a wicked headache today too. I ended up taking a pain killer when the pain got so bad I couldn't form a complete thought much less a sentence. I hope you are feeling better now.
ReplyDeleteOhhh, I hope it went away! Migrains are so insidious.
ReplyDeleteSounds horrific.... I hope the day got better for you.
ReplyDeleteWorried about you, these seem to be getting more intense. When do you see the neurologist? I hope you are feeling better by now...sending good thoughts your way.
ReplyDeleteScarlet--
ReplyDeletestopped by to let you know that I tagged you in the Show your Heart post. Please stop by to receive the information.
Hope you are feeling better. I know you have a lot of "heart"
Scarlet - Hope you got through Friday to a serene place. Wanted to say hello and that I'm thinking of you. Take care now.
ReplyDeleteSorry I've missed you for a bit, been on holiday and then alarmingly busy.
ReplyDeleteThe headache sounds awful. Hope the weekend was better.
Have you tested for allergies? They gave me incredible migraines for years, undiagnosed. I was shocked that I had ANY allergies and found them quite by chance. I was traveling abroad and at the doctor for a flue that lasted for two months. They diagnosed allergies. I thought they were crazy. The allergy meds took away the flu and as a side note, the headaches I had suffered for 12-15 years also went away. (I never get sick, so I usually never had the flu. My allergies had gotten so bad, undiagnosed, they finally made me feel fluish all the time.)
ReplyDeleteTake care. I know headaches are horrid!