Thursday, August 27, 2009

Grateful Thursday... a little late

So I'm a little later in the day getting to this than usual. We were really busy at work today, but that only helps the day go faster. (Is that what I want, really?) Anyway, here goes:
1) Television is returning to normal. I really don't like summer tv. Reruns and stupid game shows where people bounce off bits of inflated plastic and splash into muddy water. Top Chef, Project Runway, and Skins (BBC America) all started again in the last couple weeks. I suppose we watch too much tv, but we play cards and talk and even read while it's on. It's just nice to have new stuff to use as background entertainment. Once Lost starts my attention is entirely on that black box, but that's not until January.
2) My coworker, Emily. We share a brain, that's our tag line. I work so much better with her than I do by myself. The office wouldn't be the same without her. And she thinks the same about me-- I know because we talk about it. I'm so grateful to have a real friend in the office. I like everyone else, but she and I are like bread and butter, pb and j, coffee and cream. My boss calls her the Heart and me the Brain.
3) Rosemary. I pulled a weed earlier that was growing next to my rosemary bush, and now my fingers carry that sweet, earthy, spicy smell. I keep putting my hand up to my face to inhale it in.
4) Art, gracing my walls-- from photography to prints to paintings, from landscapes to portraits to abstracts, it all makes me happy.
5) Snuggling with Bub on the couch.

3 comments:

  1. Awww, look at that sweet boy. Is he waiting for a good belly rub? I am grateful fo a full belly of good food shared with my buddy and the sleeping man next to me. Also the cool breeze in my window with the sweet sent of rain. Life is good.

    How are the headaches? I hope they are diminishing......

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems to be dog week on Blogger - or maybe just the ones I read anyway.

    Rosemary, Lavender and Jasmine are the scents of the moment here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking dog. Emily sounds a good colleague. I like finding people like that at work, it helps deal with all the nonsense. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete