1) Lessons learned.2) My peace and quiet. I'm grateful for it right now because I have less and less of it. I'm sharing my desk with the receptionist until we move to our new office, and she likes to talk, a lot, about personal things. Like that her husband is "an ass" and she "doesn't know what to do about him." I don't want to hear that kind of stuff or give advice to her either, which I guess is what she wants? She even started crying one day last week. So I just listen and nod. I suppose I should draw some kind of line, but I don't want to be mean about it as she's obviously upset already. I never realized how much I live for quiet.
3) My fickle mind. If I were the type of person to make a decision and stick to it forever, life would get boring. (I'm talking small matters here, not matters of the heart.) For instance, I've been growing my hair out for a year at least now, and finally with only about a inch or two left to go to the longest it's been since I was 5, I want to cut it off. Eh, it's just hair.
4) Success. Without going into too much tedious detail-- two national franchises have contacted us about our software, interested in implementing it nationwide in all their offices. If they sign on, it means millions for our company. Fingers crossed and knock on wood, I could be doing a lot better financially come New Years. It also means a lot of hard work is paying off, but there's still a lot of hard work to come.
5) Starting early Saturday morning, I will be here, not to return until late Wednesday. If only I could stay forever...
Ooh - I want to be there in that picture! Have a great time!
ReplyDeleteAnd I can SO relate about the hair. It never fails- I get so close to my goal then decide to chop it all off. :)
I used to work by myself and found myself missing the banal interaction with other people. Now I work in a small office and some days, really miss working by myself.
ReplyDeleteThat's a nice beach. I'm waiting for the weather to improve so that I can go back to mine at weekends.
I hope the break leaves you relaxed and recharged...
I'm hair fickle too. I grow it out & then wonder why. Then I chop it off & decide I like it better long. At least I don't get into a rut!
ReplyDeleteI love your number 3 list - My fickle Mind. I cannot imagine how the the world would be if we all stick to our first decision.
ReplyDeleteAs to the beach...I will have lots of time now, and having a vacation is in my top 10 list of things to do after I am out of work, for good. I guess I should be thankful for being asked to retire early.
Number 5 seems a fine place. Hope you enjoyed the break.
ReplyDelete