Tuesday, January 6, 2009

continuation

Have you ever gotten yourself involved in something about which you were uncertain? I'm in a new job. Well, I've been here over a month, but with all the holidays we've had it still feels brand new. Plus one of the main people I'm going to be working with was on leave until today. She's nice and I think we'll get along, but it's another person to get to know. I still don't know my boss very well since he travels so much.

It's weird because they're friends, like chit chat with the door closed, call each other drunk, one almost married the other's brother-in-law friends. And it's just the three of us in the office most of the time, so I'm left out. But I know that's just because I'm new. I know for a fact they're appreciating the work I'm doing and that we'll probably get along great eventually, it's just... awkward right now.

In other news, I'm cold. I'm so sick of being cold. The South is not warm, oh no, people it is not. Come here in August and stand outside, and yes you will sweat like they do in all the movies set in the South (think Morgan Freeman in A Time to Kill. Hollywood believes we're too backwards for air conditioning... or shoes for that matter, with which my husband is perfectly fine because he thinks it keeps the snowbirds out) but December through March it's just plain cold. It's 40 today and raining, that misty kind of rain that gets into your clothes and your pores and makes you feel like you'll never be dry again. Funny thing is in the summer, the humidity does the same thing to you. 

We do have a nice week of spring in April and a wonderful week of fall in October. I suggest you visit then and only then.

1 comment:

  1. Hope things at work settle down. It's so easy if you work somewhere for ages to forget what it's like for a new person. I've got a new team member in my team and I have to keep remembering that she doesn't know all our jokes and habits. But we still find it hard.

    It's minus something here in the UK, so we're mostly freezing!

    ReplyDelete