
I'm feeling inspired today. I have several things conspiring against me-- I didn't sleep well last night for one. My husband drank too much wine at dinner (we went out with friends to a fairly fancy place), and he snored in my ear. I tried several times to wake him up and turn him over. I'd get a "yes, babe, I'll turn over, I'm sorry" followed by him not turning over and in two seconds snoring again. I physically pushed him onto his back and he stopped. And in two seconds I was finally, gratefully, asleep. He says I snore but I don't believe him, I've never heard myself. Besides, if I DO snore, it's just because of my allergies. Therefore, it's not my fault.
And the weather is terrible and going to get worse. Gray, gray, gray today, tomorrow rain, rain, rain. Cold rain.
And my grandfather's birthday would have been this week. Happy Birthday Granddad. I should have had seven more years with you, but those damn cigarettes took that away. You didn't know. If you had you would have stopped, I know.
But life is good. I have a wonderful husband who even when's asleep loves me enough to dream he's turning over and making me happy. My dog makes funny grunting noises when he kisses me good morning, and my cat is so much like me that she covers her face from the sun in the morning too, before trying to jump in the shower with me. Work is going good, this company is really going places and I got in on the ground floor.
And I've got a diet Dr. Pepper. I swear that will fix any problem.
I just can't cope with my husband's snoring, unless I'm completely exhausted. We live apart during the week, for work reasons, so coming home at the weekend means getting used to him already again.
ReplyDeleteGlad life is good. Not sure about the Dr. Pepper though.
Hi Scarlethue,
ReplyDeleteYou are right, we really have similar cats. I can't help but smile at the way he sleeps. So cute. But you really made me laugh with your account on your husband's snoring. It true, we have to look behind every annoying incident because they are blessings.
You are a very lucky lady. You have a husband who loves you and you have a cat who loves to take a bath with you!