Friday, January 2, 2009

liquid diet

I feel like I've been eating and traveling non-stop for months. My husband's grandmother passed away between Thanksgiving and Christmas, so we didn't even get a couple-week break then. What is it about food and the holidays? Why do they have to go hand-in-hand? And food and funerals too. 

Starting the 25th of November: dressing, sweet potatoes, broccoli casserole, pumpkin pie... food on the road for 5 hours to and from his Grandmom's... casseroles galore while staying there... more dressing, sweet potatoes, potato salad, green beans, rolls, fudge,  
brownies, red velvet cake... my grandmother's house for corn casserole, cranberry sauce, carrots, mac and cheese, chocolate cake... then cabbage, black eyed peas, rotel dip, cole slaw, cheese plates, ice cream. Not to mention we've traveled so much that the few nights we have been home in between there's nothing in the fridge, so we eat out... veggie khorma and naan, cheese and mushroom quesadillas, chinese buffets. 

I want to never eat again.

So today for lunch I had a smoothie, which was yummy. My hands shake and I get migraines when my food cycle gets messed up, so needless to say lately I've been not so good. And today of course I got another migraine while sitting at my desk at work. I have an aura before a migraine (flashing lights and blind spots). 

Luckily I have a sweet husband who left his work to get me a Dr. Pepper and drive it over here to me since with my blind spots I can't drive. So that's what I've had to "eat" today, a mango smoothie and a Dr. Pepper. And even with a migraine, I feel better. 

What's the most unoriginal, bland, and yet filling food we can have for dinner? I'm thinking spaghetti from a jar. Or lasagna from a box. Or mashed potatoes and broccoli. Ugh, it all sounds terrible. Maybe I'll just have another smoothie. Strawberry this time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Scarlethue,

    Reading through your blog was a gustatory experience spiked with some dash of chuckles. I said, "Oh, here comes one very lucky human being like me complaining about eating while millions of people around the world are dying hungry."

    I read your first post in this new blog and even liked it more. You have a lot of good musings to share here.

    I will be closely following you. Thanks for adding me in your list.

    Happy New Year. Burp!

    ReplyDelete