Wednesday, March 24, 2010

tempted

I got an email from Banana Republic this morning offering me 40% off any one regularly priced item, today only.

It's like torture, slow death-by-almost-affordable-fashion.

There's a dress over there I've had my eye on for a while, a pretty little wrap dress, simple, but could be worn pretty much all seasons (except maybe the hottest of hot), even in the winter with a turtleneck and tights. It's $100, which is more than I ever pay for most things because A) I'm cheap, and B) I'm tough on clothes. After the 40% off, once you add shipping and tax back in it's still more than I really want to pay. I mean it's just a wrap dress... a really cute wrap dress... in a really versatile shade of gray....

Bub is at the vet right now, getting his back leg checked again, after a week and a half of being on pain pills. They told us they may have to put him under to check the elasticity of his leg without him fighting them. It's 30 minutes til 5 pm, and I have heard nothing. I'm a nervous wreck because 1) I'm worried and want to know what's going on (freaking out a little, actually) and 2) how much is this going to cost us?

So I made a deal with myself that if his visit today isn't too expensive, and it turns out he doesn't need another $1000 surgery (yes, we've already had one of those, two years ago this month), then I'll get the dress. I do have until 11:59 pm eastern time tonight to press that Purchase button. But if he really needs the surgery, I'll forgo the dress. More comfortable in jeans anyway. I'll just keep telling myself that.

Edited to add:
I just bought it. And not because Bub's appointment happened to be under $80 or because they said he doesn't need surgery, but because my husband pissed me off by going to the baseball game without telling me or inviting me, leaving me to babysit our drunk, stumbling, whining dog myself all night. So there. I might order myself some dinner too.

5 comments:

  1. You earned the dress...! It's an investment, and you won't be sorry you bought it.

    And while you're at it -- order dinner...! Put your feet up, relax. Indulge yourself. You're my hero. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That comment just posted on my wrong account. *sigh* This is my correct account.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't blame you one bit! Hope Bub is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha - you deserved it!! Enjoy it - it's pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dress and you did the right thing--absolutely. It is good to take care of you, too....

    ReplyDelete