Thursday, March 4, 2010

Grateful Thursday

I almost forgot today was Thursday.

1) Warmer weather. Tuesday was 45, yesterday was 50, today was 55, tomorrow they're predicting 60. Yes, that's how quickly we warm up around here. This is spring, for the next couple weeks, then we'll be in full blown 90-degree summer. Yay.

2) A good weekend. Tomorrow night we're playing board games with some friends who also happened to get a new lab puppy, Saturday my mom and I are shopping and then eating dinner with my Dad, husband, and my cousin. Sunday, husband and I are starting major work on our vegetable garden, including scraping up the turf from under where our raised beds are going, filling our raised beds with soil, and building a deer fence around it.

3) Blogger friends who remind me that most things I worry about never happen anyway.

4) Good sex. Sorry for any of you out there who don't like to hear things like this, just stop reading now, move on to #5, it'll be more your speed. But it's a great thing to be thankful for, isn't it? It means I love my husband and we can fully express that love with no hang-ups or shyness. And it's a release from the stress of the rest of life.

5) Toms shoes. It's like wearing slippers to work, only everyone just thinks I'm ultra hip and cool.

5 comments:

  1. Good for you--all of it--not offended in any way, either.
    I am grateful for you, your grateful posts, and my desire to be kind to myself as of late.
    Be well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, I don't offend that easily either. If you have something to be thankful for, that's never a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think #4 is important in a relationship - and you should definitely be thankful for it :)

    And warmer weather... ahhhh! I can't wait!! It's supposed to be in the 70s here next week. It will be like heaven!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure that without #4 you've just got a nice friendship...

    I'm really ready for some warm weather here! At least the sun is shining and I don't freeze when I walk the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just as well number four involves your husband, otherwise it might be more shocking!

    ReplyDelete