Thursday, March 25, 2010

Grateful Thursday, early today

I'm starting this post early today, because I'm in a nice mood, feeling grateful and happy for a lot of things.

1) I'm very grateful that I bought the dress yesterday. I never splurge on things. Well, I take that back-- lately I've splurged on a few things. New perfume, a new purse, a new rain jacket. But those were things I needed and even my husband told me I needed to get. I'd been out of my perfume for a while, using the same purse for a year, and suffering at the cold, wet baseball games. The dress though, that is a splurge, and I didn't even ask permission. (When I say permission, I don't mean in a "it's his money and I'm just the wife so I have to ask permission to spend anything." I mean that we both ask permission of each other to spend anything over $20 or so on something that's not necessary. We never fight about money because we're so open about it, another thing for which I'm extremely grateful.) When I told him about the dress, all he said was he was excited to see me in it and that he knows I'll be beautiful. So of course I wasn't mad for long. It's not his fault he's a man and can't read my mind, I suppose.

2) Bub is ok, relatively. They said his knee felt a little better, but not as much as they had hoped, but he definitely isn't a surgery candidate. Their suggestions? Don't let him run or jump, but get him to lose weight. Thanks? So I starve him now? How else do you get a dog who can't run or jump or be active to lose weight. I've been researching diet dog foods. He's not that big, but he could stand to lose a few I guess. But I'm just glad he doesn't have to get cut open or put under again, and I'm thankful it was a relatively cheap visit, even if all they could tell me was he's fat and still not healed.

3) Purple. Yes, the color. It just makes me happy. I should wear more of it.

4) A pretty quiet week at the office. Five of my coworkers, including my boss, are gone to a convention, so I've actually gotten to leave at 5 pm every day this week, and I've caught up on a lot of work that's been sitting on the back-burner for a while.

5) My stomach is so much better. Thank goodness for Prilosec. After a totally sleepless night Monday and a painful day Tuesday, Tuesday night I ate a big plate of mashed potatoes right before bed (the best thing I could think of to keep the acid where it belonged), and I actually slept all night. Between that and the Prilosec, I've only had a couple pangs since then.

6 comments:

  1. Mmmmm mashed potatoes. Good even when you don't have indigestion :)

    Glad you've had a good week, and glad Bub doesn't have to have more surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling contented in your world. Good on you for your white dress splurge...you deserve it!
    My husband & I have the same relationship with regards to money...I say to him (jokingly) What is his is mine & what's mine is mine!!
    Glad your dog doesn't need surgery!
    Do you suffer indigestion regularly..if you do, you should go to doctors, of you haven't already. They can prescribe medication, taken once day or twice a day that controls the acidity of stomach acid... I suffer esophageal reflux (runs in family) and this is magic! No more sleepless nights because of pain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice splurge(s)... perfect time of year for all of the things you got! and I agree... mmmmm... mashed potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love mashed potatoes.. and I'm hungry right now. Thanks a lot! ;)

    Nice to remind ourselves of the reasons to be grateful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're feeling better - must be buying the dress that did it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dress and am so glad you pampered yourself. I'm a purple girl, too. I hope Bub is going to be okay. That's a hard thing when a pet isn't up to snuff.

    ReplyDelete