Monday, December 21, 2009

cookies, candy, and sweets, oh my

Husband and I spent about three hours on Sunday decorating my (awesome) sugar cookies, after I spent about 4 hours Saturday baking them! The trick, I think, is to roll them out on powdered sugar and not flour-- same less-sticky effect, but without the floury aftertaste.

Here are some pictures for you. Can you guess which ones I decorated and which he decorated? Ha! I'm particularly proud of the abstract tree in the first picture. I've been trying to decide to whom to give it. My dad would appreciate the artistic quality, I think. It is hard to watch all my creativity gobbled up though, no matter who does the gobbling.



7 comments:

  1. Oooooh, those cookies look to good to eat. Merry Christmas Scarlet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm - I would LOVE a Christmas cookie right now! Those look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, gorgeous! What fun you must have had, baking and decorating these with your husband. You're right, they look too good to eat, but I bet they're delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy goodness to be appreciated by your family! A gift of love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - you went all out on those cookies!! They look amazing, and I'm LOVING your suggesting to roll them out on powdered sugar - that's pretty dang genius!!! I hope y'all have a terrific Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow those look incredible! Yum

    Kate xx
    http://secretofficeconfessions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look to good to eat. Love, love, love the snowman in the first picture!

    Cheers,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete