1) Almost all my Christmas shopping is done! I got some great stuff for people, I know we're going to surprise and delight at least a few of them. I have my step-mother-in-law left, but my brother-in-law just gave me a good idea for her, a DVD set, but the question is can I get it here. I guess it doesn't matter too much though as we won't do Christmas with them until the week after Christmas. Everything else I'm finishing up on Saturday.
2) This weekend. I have big plans to finish shopping, get stuff for tacky Christmas outfits, and bake sugar and butter cookies. I need recipes for those. Husband and I are going to decorate them on Sunday. I have a short work meeting on Sunday as well, but afterward we'll go see Avatar with his little brother and maybe over to his house to play some pool. Everyone else seems to be out of town, so it should be a quiet and comforting weekend, which I need right now, before the storm starts.
3) In about 15 minutes, I will be laying on a table letting the best massage therapist in the South go to work on my neck and shoulders. Boy do I need it. It's my gift to myself.
4) My coworkers. We had a pretty stressful week. One of our big franchise clients sent in private auditors-- they wanted to make sure their information was being kept safe, and even though it was planned last minute and preparing for it took a lot of time and energy from everyone, we knocked it out of the park. Everyone around here has such a good attitude and I'm lucky to work with such awesome people and also to work in a place where this awesomeness is sought out, encouraged, and rewarded.
5) Since we're a week from Christmas Eve, I feel it's finally an appropriate time to say how much I enjoy Christmas carols. I do not like it when stations start playing them the day after Halloween, and I don't want to hear them even right after Thanksgiving. Christmas should be confined to Christmas. But I do enjoy some Bing Crosby and Nat King Cole and even Mariah Carey carols.
So Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and all that fun stuff. Here's my favorite Christmas song from my favorite Christmas movie for you (won't let me embed, so here's the link):
All I Want for Christmas from Love Actually

Some pretty good reason to be grateful there. Will we be seeing you again before the big day, or shall I say Merry Christmas now?
ReplyDeleteAh what the hell.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Dan, I plan on posting some cookie pictures and maybe a tacky Christmas party picture or two, but I doubt I'll be writing very much until after Christmas. There's just so much to do!
ReplyDeleteI just heard that while driving .. today. I love it too..
ReplyDeleteCookies ~ just google them .. all sorts of places have great recipes online
Ooh, yes! I hope you enjoyed that massage. Good for you!
ReplyDeleteI tried to imbed a video for tomorrow's post, and I had trouble, too. Pfft! I'll be talking about Christmas carols. ;)
I love that movie! Can't wait to see the tacky party pictures.
ReplyDeleteI set aside a gift, for myself, too. Massages is an excellent choice. I hope it was everything you wanted it to be.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on finishing the gifts. I lack in my xmas spirit this year. Today, I sent out thank you cards instead of the traditional xmas cards. But, I feel more gratitude this season than anything else.
Enjoy the holidays. In a week, I will be dining at Bouchon in Vegas--woo hoo!!!
Have a great time over the holidays and look forward to hearing from you in the New year.
ReplyDeleteWhew, I'm just catching up on the last several posts. So sorry you had such a nasty confrontation with little brother - I have two of those. It does sound like you have Christmas already wrapped up with a nice pretty bow! I have one more gift and I'm finished with shopping. Need to get the wrapping done, but little grandson opens them, so no hurry there, ha ha. Soon the cooking begins for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day breakfast - two of my favorite days when it comes to cooking. Although daughter #1 is in charge, since it's her house. I'm the sous chef. She is head chef. Yay!
ReplyDelete