Work has been very, very busy lately, and I'm not quite sure why as nothing has changed. I suppose it's because my boss has started to trust me more with bigger projects. I appreciate that, and I like not being bored, but a little down time isn't a bad thing. Especially when home has been so crazy this week too.
Husband went to the baseball game tonight. The mid-week games are never as exciting since that's when they schedule the small or private college opponents. And the wives hardly ever go to those games either, so I'd be sitting around with a bunch of guys, all wishing I wasn't there so they could bad mouth their women, cuss, spit, scratch, whatever else it is guys like to do when we're not around. So I found a few minutes to make myself a plate of spaghetti and salad, dodging the dogs between my legs the whole time, and now I'm resting in front of the tv. Lost is on, can't miss that. Maybe I'll even go put on some of my tomato and mint face mask later. Totally girl it up.
Well, I spoke too soon. The yorkie puppy across the street just started barking, which caused all my puppies to run to the window barking. It's been so long since I've had an untrained dog around, I don't know, I don't remember, how to get her to stop doing something I don't want her to do. With Bub, I snap my fingers, literally, and he freezes. But Daisy doesn't even know her own name yet, no matter how loudly I scream it. I would love to have another dog some day, but it won't be a puppy. Whew.
After our last puppy, I said the same thing. We had two dogs at the time and i swear, two dogs is like twenty.
ReplyDeleteBut they're so cute!
ReplyDeleteI want a puppy so much, but this post was reality check :)! THANKS!
ReplyDeleteYes, I'm going through it now. It's renewing to have puppy's youthful energy in the air, frustrating trying to keep an eye on him all day, keep him separated from the cat who wants to fight, the chewing, getting up early, taking him outside in the rain . . . but it's only temporary and one day all will mesh and we are already well on the way to being in love with each other. Work right now, but worth it!
ReplyDeleteMaybe you feel that way because the puppy will be leaving? I felt that way about Wall-E, my grandson's pup. I am becoming more and more attached to the little demon, though. I will have him until January and I don't know that I will be able to let him go.... He is fitting in nicely with my other two. Check out Wall-E's blog. He writes letters to his boy. There is a link on my blog.
ReplyDelete