Chiggers down there. If you don't know what those are... well, just feel sorry for me.
Ok... so that ended up sounding like some kind of STD. I'll clarify. I took the dogs out in the backyard, and I happen to have a national forest in my backyard, complete with deer, raccoons, etc, and all the bugs that live there too. Chiggers are small red bugs, so small you can barely see them on your skin, that crawl up to the first place that's chafing-- your sock band, your waistband, your armpit, where ever, and burrow in, causing a red, incredibly itchy bump. Well I had on slip on shoes that don't rub and loose shorts, so the first chafing place? The insides of my legs. Nice.
My dad's birthday is coming up and my little brother wants to go in on a really nice present for him. He's a photographer, and recently he's gotten interested in digitally edited photos, so I might find a nice one of those. Photoshop or something? I don't know. I need to research.
I had Indian for lunch and Italian for dinner, so my stomach's not exactly happy with me. My taste buds were though. We're lucky to live in a small town with such good restaurants.
I'm sticking my neck out for a new designer I want to use for work. My boss isn't sure about him but I just know he can get the project done right. I'm putting my trust in him. I hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the ass. Because I've been bitten there enough lately....
I'm glad tomorrow is Friday. We're grilling with friends tomorrow night, passing the puppy off Saturday. I'm going to miss her.
Bummer about the chiggers. I remember being amazed at the TICKS in Minnesota in the spring! We would just walk out on our grass and have them attached to our clothes. Yuck. Living at 6500 ft we don't have too many bugs - and no fleas! Yay
ReplyDeleteOuch..that was bad!
ReplyDeleteYuck..of all the places!!
I hope you can get rid of the itching soon.
Take care and stay well
Deboshree
Red bugs? Bites? Itching? Scratching? That's the wrong kind of "scarlet hue!" Is this easily remedied?
ReplyDeleteOh shoot, those stink! My bil and I got into a nest of 'em while at an amusement park once, and I got dozens on my lower half - and I had an allergic reaction because there were so many. Watch them closely! I hope you get some relief soon.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend! Maybe you'll get a reprieve with the puppy going home. :)
Chiggers. Know them well. The day before my first (and brief) marriage, I went to the Arboretum for some peace and quiet and sat on a decaying log, in shorts as it was June, for a few minutes of contemplation. Wrong move on my part. I'm pretty sure you know just where they headed.
ReplyDeleteChiggers are new to me, but they sound truly unpleasant. I thought mosquitoes were bad, but these sound way worse. Have a good weekend!
ReplyDeleteSorry for the chigger attack! You are going to miss Daisy like crazy. Maybe you will need another dog soon....
ReplyDeleteeeeeeek!!!
ReplyDelete