But there I go rambling about my agnosticism again. That's never a short conversation. Full of maybes and what ifs.
Everything annoyed me yesterday. My boss, my coworkers, the woman that appraised our house for our refinance, the grocery store check-out guy, other drivers. I was glad to make it home. Yesterday was a sad day, and even though looking up from my office window today all I see are low hanging light gray clouds, the sun's reflection off them nearly blinding like that off new fallen snow, and I know that at some point today it's going to rain, hard, and that I will probably be in the dentist's chair with a needle and a drill at my mouth when it does, I'm determined to be happy today, to make this a good day.
And if I can't in the end, there's always tomorrow, when all of this will be behind me and the sky will be yellow and blue again.
One bit of good news that I hope will last me through the downpour and the mouth pain: I'm pretty sure I'm getting my way at work and will be taking over the creative side of our business. Right now I'm the catch-all person, the office manager, the momma of the office if you will. The girl that had been in charge of creative development is getting more and more into software training, and she likes that, so someone needs to take over all the website, logo, and other design stuff we do for our clients. I'm the logical choice, and luckily I have a rapport with the graphic designer we use. Meeting with him at 12:30 to go over several projects, then off to the dentist. What to eat for lunch first? Something that doesn't stick. Ugh.
I actually look forward to surprise, pensive moments like that. Even the aching ones.
ReplyDeleteGood luck! Both at the dentist, and with the shift in roles at work.
Well, good luck at the dentists and hope you get the change in roles too. And there will always be a tomorrow. Even if there is a dentist in it.
ReplyDeleteUgh I really dislike going to the dentist. But congrats on the job! I am so excited by all the people that are becoming extra creative in this economic environment. I think all new ideas are being considered. Good for you!
ReplyDeleteI hate the dentist--sending good thoughts your way. If we were never sad, how would we appreciate happiness?
ReplyDeleteGood point, Kathy.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the good thoughts, everyone. I survived! And I'm only slightly worse for the wear.
My mantra at times like that has always been...this is only temporary.
ReplyDeleteThings may be looking up any moment! I hope the work change happens for you!
ReplyDeleteBe happy, everything will be fine. It's life!! I hope things will getting better for you.^_^
ReplyDeleteYou are an excellent writer I enjoyed reading this and will come back!
ReplyDeletehttp://thenotsosecretlifeofmrsp.blogspot.com
May you get the job you would so excel at having...
ReplyDelete