Thursday, April 23, 2009

Grateful Thursday

1) That even though my husband's car's radiator cooling fan broke off a blade that flew into and wedged into his radiator, it didn't cause an accident, he's ok, and that's all it was in the end. We do need a new fan and radiator now, which will be $300 a least (ugh), but we have it, and even if we have to eat cheap for a while, we're fine. It would happen right before my birthday, but I'm looking on the bright side.... I don't need anything anyway.
2) Wildlife. There is an animal eating my birdseed overnight. Yesterday when we went to bed, the birdfeeder was full to the top with seed, and when I sleepily walked through the kitchen this morning, I had to do a double take to make sure I wasn't just seeing things-- no, the birdfeeder was completely empty, not a sunflower seed or millet left. When my husband went out to investigate, thinking surely it had malfunctioned and the seed was on the ground, he discovered no seed and a hole dug beneath it as well. Raccoons? Opossums? Really fat birds? I wonder if we'll ever find out.
3) My new conditioner. Between that and putting the blow dryer away, my hair is so much softer lately, even if I am still regularly cutting out split ends. Grow hair grow!
4) It's 80 degrees today and will be 80 and sunny all weekend!!!! And there are three baseball games and an art festival Saturday!
5) My boss. Yesterday was administrators day, (used to be secretary's day I think) so he gave everyone in the office (I guess we all technically work in admin, although since there's only 3 of us other than him, you can't leave someone out. Except the part time girl, she was left-out but she wasn't here) gift certificates for a massage. Nice.

Weird list today. Weird week though.

5 comments:

  1. Ah, but what's important is that there's a list period. :)

    Your #2 reminds about my frustrations with birds lately, who have been stealing the dog's food. Harumph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should all make a grateful list every day. I'd be way grateful for #5.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good idea! I've been wanting both a birdhouse and feeder, anyway, so it'll be a good experiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's supposed to be in the 80s this weekend here,too, near 90 on Sunday! After a long winter, it'll be nice. Have you tried one of those animal blocks to put beneath the birdfeeder to keep animals from reaching it? When we had a birdfeeder a few years back, the shield was very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that the car malfunction didn't result in injury! I am headed out to fill all my bird feeders now and it is wonderful outside. Looks like a good weekend for campers and I just loaded my display with chocolate bars, marshmallows and grahams.....s'mores, anyone?

    ReplyDelete