Someone reminded me recently (thanks, Jo) that counting your blessings and finding true gratitude for the important things is essential to creating peace and joy in one's life. So with that in mind, I've decided to make Thursdays (simply because today is Thursday) "Gratitude Thursday" on my blog. This might be my only post for the day or it may be in addition to another, I don't know, and I'm also going to explore all types of things, both big and small, that bring love into my life. Here goes.Things for which I am grateful today:
1) my husband, who took time out of his day both today and yesterday to bring me lunch
2) the smoothie that he brought me, and so I'm also grateful for mangos, papayas, and pineapples and all the work that it takes to get those to me
3) my new desk at work. so much workspace! and real drawers!
4) the sun streaming through my windows on my face, which is bringing warmer weather, even if it's only going to last one day
5) the people with whom I work, all four of them different and yet instantly a friend and not just a coworker
So there we have it. My hope is that by keeping up with this, I'll eventually come to realize completely how truly blessed I am. I think knowing that from the start makes bad situations so much easier to handle.
It is so nice to hear of positive things nowadays with so many unhappy things going on in the world.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing good things with us
Bravo! It prompts me to add a gratitude day myself. Good thing to do.
ReplyDelete