One of my favorite songs here, seems to always make me cry when he talks about his conversation with his dad, and the lyrics that start "once in a while, when it's good..."-- used to feel that way, good, when my grandfather was still alive, but now it never feels quite right. It's hard to feel like everything is ok when he's gone and grandmom is in a nursing home and doesn't always remember us. I feel like I'm living a different life now, like there was this line drawn between Then and Now, That and This, and I don't remember it being drawn and yet there it is, not letting me get back to Then and That. I'm afraid that bigger and bigger lines will be drawn as time passes. I can't seem to reconcile that in my head, that I was the same person then, that I will always be me and this will be my life even without my grandfather, without my parents, without my husband. I need a constant and I'm not enough.
Anyway, enjoy the song. He's an amazing writer and musician, very undervalued I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment