Wednesday, February 4, 2009

busy

Been a busy week. But there isn't a whole lot going on. I feel like I've been in sixth grade again and my English teacher handed the class a stack of worksheets, the kind with no real benefit but that keep the class quiet, in their seats, and busy. I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever see the end of it. I just gave up a minute ago-- I'm done for the day.

Meanwhile my coworker is dealing with a particularly difficult client-- difficult in the sense that they seem to need a lot of hand-holding, lots of direction, and loads of help in making decisions. We're in the process of creating a new logo for their company and are now on the 11th (yes, that's 11th) round of revisions. Our designer is having a bit of a melt-down right now, and she's in there trying to calm him. We usually only have 3 or 4 revisions before we can move on to the website. It's been two months of font choices and color selections and "should that be more orange" and "can we move that there" and "no, back over there." We're all a little fed up. 

We walk a fine line here between client and designer, client and customer, client and webmaster. We're go-betweens. Some things can be said to some and not to others. Everyone has a different style. Which is partly why I tend to stick to the office managing duties-- less contact with the outside world. That can get a little boring sometimes though.

I think we might go bowling this weekend. There's a humane society fundraiser Friday night, an art auction, that should be fun. And we got our taxes done today and are looking at a pretty sizable return. Should pay for half our new backyard fence anyway. So all in all, things are going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment