Last night for dinner we had baked salmon, brown rice, and sauteed squash (fresh from my backyard), but I didn't want it. I wanted a cheeseburger (veggie-burger, please) and steak fries. Even though I had had mac and cheese, sweet potato casserole, and cornbread for lunch.
I'm on a junk food kick. I want to fill myself up with cheesy biscuits and soft drinks and mint ice cream and chocolate brownies and McDonald's fries. And, yes, all at once is fine. In fact, it's better.
I'm sucking down this apple bite by bite even though the sourness is parching my throat and the chewiness is hurting my teeth. It's not even a good apple. I have cash-- that's the problem. There's a gas station next to my office, full of Ding-Dongs and M&Ms and caffeinated drinks, and I have cash in my wallet that's begging to be spent. I never have cash, they only take cash, and I'm hungry for junk food. Sounds like a no-brainer, right?
Yep.
![]() |
| Hey, at least it's a Coke Zero |

haha...know the feeling, just got back from the pool with full intention to reach for that grapefruit...but instead went for the chocolate... oops... :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy!
and P.S. all the junk food you just listed has wet my appetite for some comfort food...mmmmm
I love Pink Lady apples....I had to comment on that alone.
ReplyDeleteI do understand the frustration and desire of "crap" food, I do. Everything in moderation.
Enjoy!
Yep -- been there!! It's okay to indulge every now and then!! I bet that kit kat was delicious :)
ReplyDeleteThe KitKat bar would be the deal breaker for me. That's my favorite chocolate bar. :-)
ReplyDeleteThat's me! I have no willpower when it comes to such things. Especially those fries you mentioned.
ReplyDeleteI have the junk food craving every now and then. Especially late at night, after a few drinks. Dreadful guilty pleasure.
ReplyDeleteBoy, can I relate to this. I wonder what's needing to be fed.
ReplyDeleteBelieve it or not, you suffer this same condition in the islands. Ergo... Cheeseburger In Paradise! I once went to the Bahamas on a sailboat and we ate lobster everyday. Lobster omelet, lobster quiche, boiled lobster with drawn butter, grilled lobster... by the time we hit shore I craved a hamburger and fries! There's something about this that defies explanation.
ReplyDelete