Friday, July 30, 2010

signs that your husband loves you

6) Even though he's not quite sure about the whole thing, he lets you adopt a dog in need, and then comments on how good it does feel to save one and very happily tries to think of a name with you.

Meet the newest member of our clan... yet to be named (Buster? Buddy? Ernie? Petty? Hesus?), a five-month-old lab/pointer mix from the local shelter, found abandoned and starving at a run-down apartment complex, now to be loved and spoiled and cherished his whole life:



7) All these things and so many more tiny things, like reaching out and squeezing my knee while he's driving, or running his hand down my back while we wait on a table at a restaurant, or letting me have the last of the peach cobbler, or sending me flowers even when I told him not to, with a handwritten card so sweet it brought tears to my eyes...


If I could give any advice to anyone on how to find a mate, I would say, "Find your best friend, and marry them!" Living every day with him is a joy, not a job, and I wouldn't trade any of it, not the worsts, not the struggles, not the sicknesses, not any of it.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, how sweet he is!! Love the puppy, but I am a sucker for puppies and we would have every abandoned dog I have ever seen if I had my way, so I suppose it is a good thing that he who loves me keeps me in control! You are so right about marrying your best friend. Almost 36 years ago I married mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! HOW ADORABLE!! Love at first site I am sure! I love this post ..I agree, I married my best friend..the second time around..and what a wonderful thing it is!! Congratulations on your new precious baby! they are little angels without wings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! I like Max - but that might mean he turns out to be really dumb (my brother had a blonde lab named Max - SWEET, but DUMB)...

    I'm totally stealing this idea - but we've been married almost 20 years. I'll have to give some thought to what I want to say...

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's a keeper. They're both keepers - the hubby and the dog. What a sweet face that puppy has.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always liked the name Barkley for a dog. He looks like an absolutely wonderful dog.

    Your husband sounds even more wonderful...! You are twice-blessed. Give them both a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so sweet!! Glad you've got someone so special in your life. And the dog is ADORABLE!! I like the name Hoss... I don't know why, but I think he looks like a Hoss. Whatever you wind up naming him, I know he will be a much loved addition to your family :)

    ReplyDelete