Friday, April 30, 2010

so what if it's Friday... I'm still Grateful

So I missed Thursday. I'm not sure where it went. I'm sure it existed, at some point in some place, because sure enough it's Friday now and not perpetually Wednesday. But I don't remember it passing-- it must have whizzed by me like an 8-year-old boy on a ten speed bike on a sunny April afternoon.

Yes, here we are at Friday. I woke up in a very grateful mood. First thought that crossed my mind as my eyes opened to face my ceiling and my spinning fan? Friday.... It's gone pretty swiftly downhill since then. I couldn't make up my mind what to take for lunch and was a bit late for work. Emily has been depressing all day. She even slammed her phone down at one point. Usually this kind of thing wouldn't bother me, but she's directly across the hall from me, so I see her and her poutyness every time I glance up from this screen.

She left early. I told her to go home. We're going to get margaritas tomorrow night probably, and she'll be back to her old self. She just needed a break. I emailed Gary and told him if they didn't work out their communication issues I was going to kill both of them. Strangulation, in case he was interested.

But anyway...

1) Friday...

2) A response to my email to Gary, already. Wasn't what I wanted him to say, but at least it was a response.

3) I don't have to think about work for two days. I don't have to think about anything for two days. I have no plans and I love that I have no plans.

4) Rain, to wash away the pollen, grow my vegetables, make my flowers stand tall, and make the earth greener.

5) My birthday coming up next week and people to celebrate with. In sharp contrast to last year, when everyone was too busy, this year we had to make reservations for 12, and at one of my favorite restaurants on their tapas night, no less. It makes me feel very, very blessed.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful birthday week with so many things to be thankful for you can't keep track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot to be thankful for. Hope you had a fantastic weekend and I hope your birthday is amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of remembering to be grateful, but forgetting to remember to be grateful, that is unacceptable. you are fired. Ok you are rehired. GO TEAM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea no matter how old you get there is always somebody older than you tellling you how little you know and how young you really are. Ya know what person older than me? Who cares. This is important for me so just Sod off! (I think thats a british swear... not really sure.)

    ReplyDelete