1) The internet. I have a sore spot on the inside of my mouth, a place where a rogue popcorn kernel sliced my check, and though I tried to resist, I tongued it into irritation. After three days of terrible pain, someone somewhere on the internet informed me that I should stick a q-tip to a BC power, then the q-tip to the sore. After a few seconds of curse-inducing stinging pain, it faded away and stayed numb for several hours. Relief!2) The ability to download. I'm lucky in that I'm the type of person who rarely holds on to anger, stress, or anxiety very long. Rude emails get my goose for a few minutes, but then I laugh as I picture the person pounding on their keyboard, wasting their life angry at no one and everyone. Busy work days leave me vibratingly on the edge of my seat, but by the time I've gotten home, the stress has somehow been blown away by the wind passing my car, little bits and pieces falling off at every turn. So now, laying on my couch with my dog, you'd never know by looking at me the crap I deal with each day, and I'm thankful that I have a natural talent for this.
3) Black beans, especially on french bread pizza with salsa, cheese, sour cream, and guacamole.
4) Football season. It takes a lot for me to say this, as I'd much rather it be baseball season, but football season does have its charms, especially in a college town like mine where tailgating is taken to another dimension. The cooling weather and changing leaves, the sweaters and boots, the roar of the crowd and booming of the band, and the rousing parties with good friends yelling at the tv and scarfing tasty food and beer... not much beats nights like that.
5) My husband has joined a tennis team. He's playing right now. One of his best friends invited him, but the rest of the guys are strangers. They just get together once every two weeks to play, hang out, and have fun. I'm thankful for him getting in some guy time, some time with his friend (who has a baby and so has been distracted lately), and some exercise. I know it will make him feel better and make him happy, and that's all I really want in life.
I can't let go of baseball just yet - the Braves still have a SMIDGE of a chance at the wild card LOL.
ReplyDeleteYou are a good wife!
ReplyDeleteI got all excited when I read 'football'. Then I realised you meant blokes throwing a rugby ball around whilst wearing girly padding. ;)
ReplyDeleteBaseball? Is that like they play in girls school, only we call it 'Rounders'? Or is it an American version of the English game called 'Cricket'?
ReplyDeleteYour football is called 'Rugby' or, as the toffs call it, Rugger. Our football, as practised by David Beckham et al, uses a round ball made of leather patches stitched together. Well, they used to be made like that when I last played the game, (unwillingly), at school in the far distant past.
I prefer the game of chess nowadays. That's exercise aplenty por moi.
Like the sound of the black beans. Makes me feel like chilli this weekend.
ReplyDeleteIt is the things you have mentioned that make life great! Little things add up to one good life :)
ReplyDelete