It was a good time, and I think the trade show went really well. But my coworkers are party-ers (whereas I am an old lady who likes to be in bed with her husband and her dog by 10:30), so several 2 a.m. nights in a row, plus that 5 a.m. night thrown in there, were just too much for me. I'm going to have to sleep a week straight to make up for it all.
I glad to have my life back, but I'll be very grateful when my digestive system stops sabotaging me as well. Buffets, buffets, and more buffets... my boss was paying, so I felt like I couldn't just eat one measly, cheap salad and call it a day. I gorged myself more than I should've (although still not as much as he would've liked). He declared this morning that he had gained ten pounds and would be starving himself, so I feel lucky to have gotten away with only one or two. That stationary bike and I have a daily appointment this week, however.
I've got a week's worth of work to catch up on, plus the Bob's from Office Space are visiting my workplace this week (meaning we have an outside efficiency consultant coming in), so I don't know that I'll be back to regular blogging this week just yet. One thing at a time-- sleep, digest, then blog.
Funny how one little five day trip can require two or three weeks of recovery. But that probably only applies to people like me, who are stuck in their routines and love it.
Nothing wrong with being stuck in a routine you love. ;) Good luck getting things back on track, Vegas is always so much fun, but definitely leave you worse for the wear!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! You'll be back in fine form before you know it.
ReplyDeleteGood to have you back.
ReplyDeleteI've just got back from a week off. Going back to work is one of life's little joys, absolutely...!
ReplyDeleteAttack of the Bobs. Looking forward to that posting.
That little five trip happened to be Las Vegas - not the norm when it comes to your basic five day trip. Glad you survived.
ReplyDeleteLike you, I am always much happier when I get home after being away.
ReplyDeleteThere's no place like it, so the song goes. And it's a truism.
Welcome home.
I've stayed at the Wynn ...
ReplyDeleteI like Vegas for relaxing ...
Glad you've got time to recover. This is exactly why you should never go on holiday. Takes far too much time to work around it.
ReplyDelete