Thursday, September 24, 2009

Grateful Thursday

1) It's been a tough week, a week of soul searching. I'm trying really hard to feel grateful about that. Work is so stressful lately. Is that what I want? Am I ok working this hard for the next few years in order to probably just work even harder for a few more so that I finally have financial freedom? Or would I be happier poor and stress-free? I suppose I am grateful to have that choice, even if I don't know how to make it.
2) My grandfather died three years ago this week. I am grateful to have had him in my life even if I do wish I could have had him a while longer.
3) The sun. I miss the sun. It's been raining for two weeks straight.
4) Shoes. I saw these terribly cute gray slouchy boots in the window of a shoe store today, and I'm definitely going back for them on Saturday. Do I need slouchy gray boots? Not exactly, but I'm sure I'll find a use for them.
5) Perspective. I'm listening to my husband yell and get angry at a football game on the tv, and I feel grateful that I've never been one to get so caught up and frazzled over something that in reality has no affect on my life whatsoever. I just sit here and listen to him yell and shake my head. Usually after an hour or so he'll calm down, although when he was younger he'd let it ruin his whole weekend. So I suppose I'm grateful for maturity as well.

3 comments:

  1. Forget the boots. They probably look as awful as your description of them.

    Do you ladies just love collecting footwear, just for the sake of it? My wife has racks of shoes that she's probably only worn once or twice.

    I suggest she bins most of them. She ignores my suggestion and simply buys another new pair.

    Oh well, vive la difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be thankful for the job, there are so many who don't have that choice you face. My pipeliners, who assured me that the job they were doing would last well into Feb. are now telling me they will be leaving by Dec. I am scrimpimg and saving again for a hard winter and I had spent money on improvements that I may not have been so cavalier about. Many of these families will be going home with no idea when they will be called to work again.

    Doom and gloom be gone. Buy the boots and wear them in good health! Kiss the husband and he will recover from the ballgame sooner. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't listen to Philip - the boots sound fabulous!

    ReplyDelete