I have a new follower, and already she's passed on a sweet award to me! The Sugar Doll award requires the recipient to list ten things about themselves (like you, kateyleigh, I want more instructions!) and then pass it on. I've decided to take the "ten things" in a different direction and list my ten most favorite foods, the places where I ate them, and when. This is harder than it sounds! So here we go.
10. Hot fudge milkshake with extra hot fudge (you might as well be drinking hot fudge) at Sonic here in town on any given Sunday afternoon
9. Grilled catfish with rotel cheese fries and salad with vidalia onion dressing from Taylor Grocery in Taylor, MS, as often as I can get there
8. Moist, thick brownies topped with marshmallow cream and chocolate icing, my house, superbowl Sunday
7. Ruprict, a.k.a. nachos with queso, black beans, salsa, quacamole, and sour cream, from Moe's in Memphis whenever we happen to drive that way (and I make a point of driving that way)
6. Fresh goat's cheese, scooped from the bottom of a jar of honey and spread on fresh baked French bread. Our first wedding anniversary, at the Conservatory in London.
5. Chocolate cake floating in a chocolate-chili pepper soup, some vegetarian restaurant in New York City, when my husband and I visited in March '05
4. A golden pyramid roll-- smoked salmon, avacado, cucumber, and cream cheese rolled in seaweed and rice, tempura battered and fried, smothered in volcano sauce, and then dipped into soy sauce with a hint of wasabi. The best sushi restaurant in town, again as often as I can.
3. Indian food of any kind, especially when we were in London, especially vegetable korma, naan with raitha, samosas, and aloo palak. We get it here in town almost every Sunday night. Good, but not as good as London.
2. A veggie plate from my favorite restaurant here in town-- homemade mac and cheese, sweet potato casserole, broccoli and rice casserole, creamed spinach, and jalepeno cornbread. With a Blue Moon. Often.
1. Fish stew-- a perfectly cooked piece of amberjack perched on top of a tomato-based stew including mussels, shrimp, crab, bell peppers, and onions, full of spices and herbs, followed by a chocolate hazelnut tartufo (a ball of hazelnut ice cream surrounded by a layer of chocolate gelato and drizzled with chocolate and raspberry sauces). Our 2nd wedding anniversary at an excellent Italian restaurant we used to have here but is unfortunately now closed.
Whew, now I'm hungry... good thing I still have some leftover brownies.
And now to pass this on. The rules say ten people, but I think I'll just pick two.
Heather at ...and now I'm a grownup because I think she's sweet as sugar, but also because I want her to post more often!
Dan at Vacant Mind because it would be funny to see "Sugar Doll" on his blog, and he'll appreciate the irony.
Ok, that's it from me today.

Oh - hot fudge milkshake! Now you're talking. I've just posted about food. Now I want to include that on my list......
ReplyDeleteOh sweet heavens this is an EVIL post! I would love to be eating any of these items even now - especially the brownies. I looked & couldn't see a single item that I wouldn't enjoy - except the beer - I don't like alcohol (I know - poor me!).
ReplyDeleteNow I'm really hungry!
ReplyDeleteI have to say I skimmed your selections - but only because it's dinner time and I have to try and eat something healthy!
ReplyDeleteNice work on your two selections. They're both marvellous reads and I'm looking forward to seeing their answers too.
YUM - rotel cheese fries?! I've never had them, but they sound aaammazing!
ReplyDeleteAnd thank you for passing this along. I've been slacking something MAJOR lately on my posts. Life's been a little crazy. :)
love your take on the list!
ReplyDeleteHello! So sorry I am late coming over to collect this. I'm still getting used to working (boo!) so my blog time has been a bit lax of late.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for passing this on to me! So if I read this right, I have to tell people ten interesting things about myself? I had to do this on another award thingy a few months ago and struggled then. I'm not very interesting! Will mull this over and give it a crack.
Thanks love, I always love getting stuff like this sent my way. It was nice of you to think of me.
Xx