I AM SO FRUSTRATED.
Why is this country talking about the right to get birth control covered by insurance? Since when did someone else's religious belief become more important than my right to be able to afford the medicine that my doctor prescribed to me?
People are so mean! A woman, a mother of two of my high school friends, was just ranting on facebook about how we shouldn't have to pay for college girls to get their birth control cheaply. SERIOUSLY? I am NOT a college girl, I am a married woman, and I take birth control too, and I don't want to have to pay an arm and a leg for it every month! There are a ton of responsible, married, stable women out there who take it for reasons well beyond not getting pregnant, and you know what, even if that is their only reason, it's THIER CHOICE because it's THEIR BODY! There have been times in my life where I wouldn't have been able to afford my birth control without insurance coverage, and I need it to control a medical issue, not just so I can have sex without getting pregnant. Why do people not understand this?
Why is no one talking about viagra? Why does that not offend anyone's religious beliefs? Its sole purpose is to make it so men can have sex. Nothing else. Are they just assuming because these men are old, they are married, and hey they "might" be trying to have more kids, so it's cool. But birth control? Hell no, right? These women are just sluts out there having a good time, I'm not paying for that!
I responded to her post with something similar to above and now I'm afraid to go back to facebook. I know no one on her thread will listen to me. I just can't abide the stupidity anymore. I can't take it!
You know, I think the worst part of this is that I respected her and looked up to her as a kid. I never knew she was so closed-minded. It makes me sad. I thought I was going to inherit a world where women were treated as equal, where I didn't have to fight for basic freaking rights, but instead everything is a mess.
I came out of the womb a feminist, kicking and screaming against the patriarchy from the start. No one puts me down or pushes me aside, especially not just because I'm a woman. I will stand and I will fight. I'm sick to death of being a second class citizen.
Water Hack Burns 2 lb of Fat OVERNIGHT
ReplyDeleteAt least 160 thousand women and men are utilizing a easy and SECRET "water hack" to burn 1-2 lbs each and every night in their sleep.
It is very easy and works all the time.
You can do it yourself by following these easy steps:
1) Go get a clear glass and fill it half the way
2) And then follow this crazy hack
and you'll be 1-2 lbs thinner the very next day!