I now have my twitter feed here on my blog, over there on the right. Fun stuff. Maybe I'll start blogging some again too. I'm trying to reinsert the fun in my life. Been too stressed out lately with work. I found about 15 comedians on twitter to follow right away, and that's about all I've found on it so far. It's a confusing system, what with all the # and @ and re-tweets, etc. Honestly the only reason I started it was because of this phone call:
Dad: Hey punk, it's Dad
Me: Hey, what number are you calling from?
Dad: My new phone. It's one of these new-fangled touch screen ones so if my faces hangs up on you, I'm sorry.
Me: I don't think it will do that. So are you all set up on it? Can you check email and stuff too?
Dad: Nah, I didn't get any of that. I only got this phone because your mom wanted one and they were buy one, get one free.
Me: Oh, so can she check her facebook and stuff now?
Dad: Yeah, she's getting there. She gets texts now too.
Me: Well, welcome her to the 20th century for me. Can you text now too? It's so much easier.
Dad: Nah, didn't want that either. Guess you'll just have to pick up the phone and call me.
Me: There are worse things in the world....
I'm scared of being resistant and ignorant of new technologies. Things change so fast now, I can't imagine what the world will look like in 30 years when I'm my parents age. Someone asked me the other day what I thought was an appropriate age for a kid to get a cell phone or a facebook account. I don't know? When I was growing up, we didn't have that stuff. My parents had to worry about me dialing up on our AOL account and sending emails to my friends. Didn't have a cell til my senior year, and all it did was make calls on a black and white screen. Time flies, gotta keep up.
Oh! Me too! I've just got my button on my blog too. Have no real idea what I'm doing and no real idea why I'm doing it either. I like this post.... it 'resonates'!!
ReplyDelete