I met a counselor yesterday. She was nice, and I think I'll continue to see her. Out of all the people I spoke to, she seems the most down to earth. She only has her Masters so she's not a doctor, but she's got several certifications and such, and she's a good listener, so whatever. I really just need someone to talk to about all this crap in my life, not a pill or a medical diagnosis.
I used to be a good writer. Lately my head is too full of other things, and I can't seem to get the words out of my brain in the proper format. It doesn't help that I've been fighting migraines too. The weather changing is doing a number on me.
I just don't feel like I have anything interesting to say. I used to think of things, read articles, contemplate issues other than work situations, come up with colorful commentary and quirky responses and weird thoughts. Now I just feel tired and drained. Hopefully with the help of my counselor and some stress relieving techniques, my brain will be back on its feet soon.
I'm glad you found someone your spirit vibes with. I had the most amazing therapist when I was in my 20s and 30s, and she only had her Masters, too, was working on her doctorate, and was in a really crappy office space. But she was just extraordinary. Practical and down to earth, not overly hung up on the lingo, just wise about life and relationships. So, if this person is helping you, go with it! As for the writing, maybe you're in a gathering cycle, just observing your life, gathering experiences, filing them away for later. You are a wonderful writer, and even if you don't feel inspired in this moment, it will come back, you can't help it really. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteHope it goes well with the counsellor. Take care and do let us know how you get on.
ReplyDeleteI miss you.
ReplyDeleteReally, I do.
Be well. Enjoy. Rest. Relax. Be happy.
I hope the counselor helps and you are able to find exactly what you need. Thinking of you :)
ReplyDeleteHope the counsellor is the one you need.
ReplyDeleteI just discovered your blog and I like your writing. We have similar problems and I'm also going through hard times. Seeing counselor is a great idea, I hope you'll get better!
ReplyDeleteI hope the counseling helps. I think it is something we all can benefit from !
ReplyDeletehttp://onegirlsstory73.blogspot.com/
I just came across your blog and I liked how you write. I'm having the same problems with you and all I have in my blog now are rants and other whiny things. Guess a counselor is all I need. Good thing you have one. Is it depression? Hope you get by and Take care.
ReplyDelete