Monday, November 9, 2009

personal thoughts for the week

I say,
It's the fire in my eyes,
And the flash of my teeth,
The swing in my waist,
And the joy in my feet.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
~ Maya Angelou

A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman. But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult. ~ Melinda Gates

My own thoughts on these later, just wanted to get them out there, where I'll remember to read them and chant them and thus eventually believe and strive to be.

3 comments:

  1. Wow... I can relate to the quote by Melinda Gates. The search to find the voice to be a strong woman is very difficult. I feel as though I grew up in a home where I didn't have a voice, none of my feelings were ever validated nor taken seriously therefore I found myself being a timid person... It's my desire to snap out of that, and slowly I am, but the journey is long before I actually am able to have that voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have given us all a lot to think about....

    ReplyDelete