Thursday, November 5, 2009

Oh, yeah, Grateful Thursday

Well, I'm still alive, although I'm not exactly kicking. Except when I get in a coughing fit.

I usually like to try to express my thoughts more eloquently, but nothing for it now-- this sucks.

Yesterday, after the doctor trip, I don't think I moved from my couch all day except to go to bed. Today has been pretty much the same thing, although I did sit outside with Bub for about 10 minutes, soaking in some sun. He's been driving me crazy today too. He walks around all day, from window to window, begging to be let out only to beg to be let back in. Then he begs for food. Mostly he begs to get up on the couch with me, which is fine except his poor little knee has been hurting him the past two days so he won't jump. He just stands there, whining ever so quietly under his breath, staring at me, eventually resting his chin on the edge of the couch. I tried picking him up, but he yelped. I guess that's not comfortable for his knee either. So I keep forcing him to get in his bed. It's too much energy to dispense.

I thought I was done with fever but it came back this afternoon. Not too high, just around 100, but high enough to make me fairly uncomfortable. As a result, I'm not sure that I'm sticking to my plan of going into the office for a while tomorrow. I guess we'll see. The worst part is that metallic, musty, sick taste in my mouth-- you know what I mean-- that makes everything taste bad and reminds me, even in the brief moments I feel ok, that I'm not.

Oh, I just remembered--
1) I'm glad I went to the doctor when I did. So many people, like my husband, try to medicate something like this with cough medicine and aspirin, hoping it will go away, but I knew when I was running a fever I needed a doctor. Better safe than sorry.
2) The Golden Girls. They make days like this so much better.
3) My husband, who got me Indian last night and is bringing home Sonic tonight. So much for our "save money by eating in" scheme. But there's no way I'm cooking for him, I'd get him sick. And he's not cooking. He wouldn't even know where to start unless it was a steak, or a phone book, and I went with the phone book.

I think 3 is all I can manage right now. Looking forward to some onion rings.

5 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better. Being sick, fevered and achy bites.
    Rest, rest and more rest. That's the absolute best thing you can do. And if you still may have cooties you might be right about rethinking the whole going to work thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Onion rings make it all worthwhile. Get better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you're still down in the dumps and feverish. Hope you are soon back to 100%.

    Your Bub sound a right little beggar! Still, you can't help lovin' 'em can you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling better by now! I love me some Sonic - junior burger, onion rings & peanut butter fudge sundae please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're feeling better now. I had bronchitis when I was young and it was lousy. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete